Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update 3 for Inventor 2014 SP2 is Available

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
david.harris
640 Views, 9 Replies

Update 3 for Inventor 2014 SP2 is Available

In our continuing efforts to provide high quality products, Autodesk has released Update 3 for Inventor 2014 SP2 which addresses multiple issues (see readme file).

Please note that there is a Typo in the file name of the URL for the Update download, The file name should be INV18230.zip.  This will be corrected today.  You can download the file from here: INV18230

We thank all our customers who identified these issues and reported them to us. These reports give us the opportunity to improve the product and provide you with the best solution in mechanical design. We also thank you for your continued business and for feedback regarding the content of this update release.

Respectfully,

Autodesk Inventor Product Team

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
cwhetten
in reply to: david.harris

The first link above sends me to a page that says "Access denied" (see image below).  Use the following link instead:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/update-3-fo...

Access denied.png

Using Firefox 33.1

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 3 of 10

Just installed this on clientsand Job Processor machine. First files processed all look like this. Any ideas?

If I do an Update Locally (Vault) the files turn out as they are supposed too.

inv_sp2_update_3_c.png

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 4 of 10

Oops. Made a mistake. The problem I mentioned is not with SP2 UPdate 3. It's with Hotfix INV18231.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Message 5 of 10

Hi Brendan, Would you mind passing me the data for further investigation? Thanks, Amanda
Message 6 of 10

Sure. What do you need? A defective DWF file or a part/assy data set or ???

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

Message 7 of 10

The part/assy data set as well as the defective dwf file would be good.

Thanks,

Amanda

Message 8 of 10

Hi Brendan,

Did you also install the Companion Hotfix, INV18231, just released this week? It is on the same download page as the Update, located after the readme files for the Update.

https://knowledgepublishing.autodesk.com/content/update-3-for-inventor-2014-service-pack-2

Best regards,

David

Autodesk Limited
Registered Office: One Discovery Place, Columbus Drive, Farnborough, Hampshire GU14 0NZ
Registered in England and Wales, No. 1839239
Message 9 of 10

Hi David.

Yes, I have INV18230 installed prior to INV18231. I have removed 18231 from the job processor machine which has fixed the problem, but now I'm back to a previous problme that 18231 should have fixed.

18230 resulted in DWF files with correct dimensions and parts list but no views on the drawing and the graphic missing from the titleblock. 18231 read like it fixed these issues, and it dod slightly in that the views were present by were an odd clouur and linetype/thickness and all of the text was offset and the wrong size and font.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

Message 10 of 10

Autodesk Support Rep eventually rebuilt the Job Processor machine to Update 2 for SP2. Since then all DWF's are produced correctly.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report