Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UnVault?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
328 Views, 4 Replies

UnVault?

Anyone know if Vaulted files can be unVaulted? We're considering going back to either semi-isolated or shared projects and I'd like to know what it's going to take.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I assume the files would then reside on a network somewhere other than the Vault server. You should be able to get all the files from Vault to a local computer an then transfer them to the network locations, or possibly set up a project with the "local workspace" set to a network location.

I assume your Library files are already stored at a network location. You should be able to just copy them, or leave them where they are and just reference them with your new non-Vault project. Once you are set with your non Vault project you could adjust the Library Read-Only flags as needed.

I have copied ("retrieved") "Work" folders from Vault to my local PC, moved the files to a new folder outside of the Vault work area, and set up an new IV project that reference my existing Library on the network. Every thing worked fine. I could do whatever I needed to with the parts and assemblies without effecting Vault.

Pete
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Semi-isolated and shared is no longer officially supported. What is the
reason for going back?

--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert
Autodesk Manufacturing Implementation Certified Expert.
Instructor/Author/Sr. App Engr.
AIP 2008 SP2, AIP 2009 PcCillin AV
HP zv5000 AMD64 2GB
Geforce Go 440, Driver: .8185
XP Pro SP2, Windows XP Silver Theme
http://teknigroup.com
wrote in message news:6012409@discussion.autodesk.com...
Anyone know if Vaulted files can be unVaulted? We're considering going back
to either semi-isolated or shared projects and I'd like to know what it's
going to take.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Vault requires too much of our IT guy's time (at least in regards to upgrading). My company allows its engineers to use Cadkey, AutoCAD, Pro/E, Solid Edge, Catia, Solid Works, or Inventor for design work and Inventor is the only one using a file management system. All the others are getting along quite well without one and I'm feeling like the Inventor primadonna, requiring more time than anyone else.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

what do you do that you have so many different softwares?

and, yes you can get all of the current versions of the files down to one folder, you can even choose which folder they download to, then go into the options and enable the creation of legacy projects types on the general browser so you can make shared or semi isolated again
Remember you'll still need ADMS somewhere for access to the content center files

Why is your IT guy having a hard time managing the vault?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report