Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresolved Reference when opening assembly - Inventor Professional 2014

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
AKPS
1077 Views, 1 Reply

Unresolved Reference when opening assembly - Inventor Professional 2014

Working at University computers. I always "Configure Default Template" on start-up, changing Measurement Units to mm and Drawing Standard to ISO. After Ok,

"the default template (standard.*) will be replaced according to your selected drawing standard o rmeasurement unit. The original default template will be copied to OldTemplates folder as backup. Do you want to overwrite?" Yes.

I have created a series of parts which i have assembled and saved on my USB. I have placed fasteners from Content Center and saved. When i change computer, and attempt to reopen my assembly files, i get a "Resolve Link" window, as seen in attachment, to which i don't know how to respond, and end up clicking "skip all", which results in assembly with unresolved components.

What are the steps i should have been taking to avoid ending up with unresolved components, assuming i cannot avoid changing computer.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
karthur1
in reply to: AKPS

Copy the .ipj to the thumb drive also. When you change computers, select this ipj on the second computer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report