Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlocking view representation

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
wolf1o
6413 Views, 21 Replies

unlocking view representation

Hi,

I've looked and saw quite a few messeges on the same topic but couldn't find some good resolve : I'm in an assembly, trying to hide/supress some component, and it keeps saying that the view is locked (I do see "lock" logos on all the views) and I should unlock it or create a new one, which I don't want - I want the changes to be on the main "master" view)

How do I "unlock" or resolve it?

Right clicking on the view doesn't give me any option to unlock it..

Many thanks ahead!

Inventor 2012 Pro.
I7 workstation
21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
SteveMDennis
in reply to: wolf1o

wolf1o,

I think you are now getting some good answers to your questions but I wanted to wrap up our discussion on View Reps and Master and Locking.

The Master View Rep (VR) is always locked and it represents the assembly in it's "full" state, we will never save visibility information when this VR is active, that is why you see the message.  Our templates come with the VR "Default" that will effectively do what you want, allow you to use the visibilty command to your heart's content w/o any locking/saving issues.  There are a lot of historical reasons Master works the way it does and Master LOD works effectviely the same way.

If you do not want to be bothered by the message and Master concept activate "Default" VR in your files and change your open options to always open the last active VR and you should be good based on what you've shared with me.

Hope this answers your questions.

Steve Dennis
Sr. Principal Engineer
Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 22 of 22
tom.boh
in reply to: SteveMDennis

I have got a similar problem. I have opened a Invenotr 2011 assembly in Inventor 2012. Created drawing and some parts were invisible. checked the assy and parts were visible. I hit save buttos and got this message: (see attached)

there is no padlock indicating a locked representation. No clue what to do with this. Anyone?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report