Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Force - Torque - Basic question...

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Indrawibawa
995 Views, 3 Replies

Unknown Force - Torque - Basic question...

Hi,

I have a basic problem with the unknown force - torque in Dynamic Simulation. I have designed a two joint inverted pendulum, I need to check the minimum motor torque it required to move 90 deg upwards. So I have made some manual calculation and input it on the joints as constant value for 4650 Nmm (it should be at 4618 Nmm by manual calculation), as result it works just as it should be. Now I have a problem with the unknown force, I could only obtain around 200 Nmm as minimum torque, and its not coming from the unknown force options hierarchy.

If I use the unknown force of torque in output grapher it will give me 0 Nmm, so this is my question. Is it due to my basic knowledge of using constrains or there is something wrong with the unknown force?? I have attached my drawing, feel free to open.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Indrawibawa

I get an error when extracting your files.

What program did you use to zip?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Indrawibawa
in reply to: JDMather

I was using winRAR and save it as zip, I tried again but it said that my file is too large to be attached here. So please open the link below:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vep1218zgwmat9j/ip.zip
Message 4 of 4
henderh
in reply to: Indrawibawa

Hi Indrawibawa,

DS gives us 4599 N-mm as the maximum for Unknown Torque.

I re-defined the location of the Unknown torque to the circular edge of the motor snout that has the revolution joint and it worked.  I've attached an assembly in the R2013 format.

Best regards, -Hugh

4599-n-mm.png

re-define-unknown-location.png

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report