Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universal Parameters Across All the parts of an assembly

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
soxfan269
547 Views, 6 Replies

Universal Parameters Across All the parts of an assembly

I am attempting to reverse engineer a Slap Chop for a school project.  Being only an amatuer at Inventor, I have made several parts that need to fit together but don't due to erronious measurements.  Attached are three of the parts I have so far, and I will make a few replies with the remaining parts.  I am trying to make an excel sheet or some table where I can manage all my parameters and have them update in the parts.  The table is simply to make it easier for me to quickly check my dimensions.  I would appreciate any assistance with setting up such a chart.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
soxfan269
in reply to: soxfan269

more files

Message 3 of 7
soxfan269

even more

Message 4 of 7
JDMather

I didn't go through all of the files yet, but looking at the xls file

I would assign meaningful names (rather than d0...) and then Link each part to the Excel

or

start over and model as multi-body solids and then push out the assembly Manange tab >Make Components

Now let me take a look at the Inventor files and see how far off this advice is.

Back in a bit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: JDMather

Missing assembly file?

Many sketches are unconstrained - much easier to edit parts (especially as for your need) if sketches are fully constrained.

Attach the assembly file. (*.iam)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
soxfan269
in reply to: JDMather

Well, my drawing is incomplete, and I have yet to assemble the parts I have.  In fact, the reason I was looking for a way to link parameters was because many of my parts are not matching up.

Message 7 of 7
soxfan269

The file attached is an example of what I'm talking about.  The constrained parts should fitting together tightely rather than having several millimeters gap.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums