Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhandled exception error using the Pitch Helix command in Inventor 2012 64-bit

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
JBerns
419 Views, 1 Reply

Unhandled exception error using the Pitch Helix command in Inventor 2012 64-bit

When I use the Software Developer Kit (SDK) Pitch Helix command in Inventor 2012 64-bit, an Unhandled exception error occurs.

Inventor Error - Variable Pitch Thread.png

Has anyone else encountered this error? Have you found a solution? I realize these are unsupported Add-ins, but I am hopeful that someone in the community may have an answer.

I have followed the instructions in regards to creating the planar sketch containing a circle. I have tested on all three Default planes. I have tested using a Work Axis and the Default Z-axis.

When prompted to select the profile, I cannot pick the circle either by picking on the diameter or its center point. If I select the Axis button in the dialog box, the error occurs. I suspect this happens because the Profile selection is not satisfied.

The Inventor installation has been successfully creating parts for nearly a year, but the first time using the Pitch Helix tool from the SDK.

I have attached an image of the complete Details page from the error dialog box. I hope it is helpful. 

I look forward to your replies.

Regards,

Jerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAD Administrator
Using Inventor 2022
Autodesk Certified Instructor
Autodesk Inventor 2020 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 Certified Professional
Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JBerns
in reply to: JBerns

Update:

I was experimenting with the command some more and discovered that you must select the profile from the browser, not the graphics window.

The command works successfully, although the solid created has an unusual cross-section due to it oreintation to the created 3D sketch. Of course this can be solved by deleting the solid, but not the consumed sketches. Create a workplane perpendicular to the end of the 3D sketch. Create the sketch on the workplane and sweep the profile along the 3D sketch.

Interesting tool.

Regards,

Jerry 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAD Administrator
Using Inventor 2022
Autodesk Certified Instructor
Autodesk Inventor 2020 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report