Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfolding sheet metal

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rfowler24
557 Views, 7 Replies

Unfolding sheet metal

Greetings all,

I was wondering if it was possible to show the different steps of folding and assembling sheet metal parts in either different LOD's in an assembly or in different explosions in an .ipn.  Ultimately, I'd like to be able to show placement of a part on a flat face, show the first bend, placement of second part, then the second bend, etc.

Many thanks,

Randy

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rfowler24
in reply to: rfowler24

Oh, I guess I should add that I'm using PDSU 2013.

Message 3 of 8
jletcher

There is really no easy way to do what you ask.. There is a method but trust me you don't want to go that road..

This has been requested way back in 2006 still no luck in getting it..

Message 4 of 8
karthur1

The only way we have found to do "process" drawings for sheetmetal parts is to make them iparts.  Each bend will be a different member.  In the ipart table, for each bend, only one fold will be computed, all the rest will be suppressed.

2012-08-30_0958.png

Message 5 of 8
rfowler24
in reply to: jletcher

I noticed that when I searched the DG, but was hoping for a miracle.  Thanks anyway.

Message 6 of 8
rfowler24
in reply to: karthur1

Thanks for the reply.  I've never used iParts, so will have to look into it.

Message 7 of 8
karthur1

this might help you see how we do it.  It does take a little time to set this up, but it works for us.  Wish there was a better method.  Would be good if they would make it so that part view reps could suppress bends/folds.

Message 8 of 8
rfowler24
in reply to: karthur1

I was thinking exactly the same thing. 

Thanks for the file, it helped.

Randy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report