Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfold Removing Features

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tomsum
165 Views, 5 Replies

Unfold Removing Features

I have a sheet metal part that has rounded corners on one end. When I unfold the part the rounded corners disappear. The corners are made by a fillet feature after the part is created. Any ideas why this might happen?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jiml
in reply to: tomsum

post it to cf and is it inventor 5.3 or 6
Message 3 of 6
tomsum

I am using IV5.3. It is posted in CF.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I am going to guess it is partly because so much of that part is made up with non
sheetmetal features. Curious why you used a extrude instead of a contour flange for the
first feature? Also the fillets used aren't from the sheetmetal tools so that could have
something to do with it.... not sure though.
--
Kent
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

"tomsteffan" wrote in message news:f12917d.1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I am using IV5.3. It is posted in CF.
Message 5 of 6
tomsum

I guess I will have to look at redrawing at least some if not all of this part to make it user friendly. Thanks for taking a look.
Message 6 of 6
jiml

found your problem it is not in the way you made the part that was fine the issue is with the mat thickness if you go back to the first sketch edit the sketch at the flat point where you have the radius that dont show up in the flat the mat is .179 or somthing an where you start the next bend is .203 so this is why fix that and the radius show up good luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report