Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underlying Connection Was Closed...

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
jmfeider
1112 Views, 11 Replies

Underlying Connection Was Closed...

A chronic problem that persists on our network daily is this error attached in everything from a search file, copy design, pack and go, every query to the server is subject to this error it seems. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Open to ALL ideas at this point as I've found little help elsewhere and this is quite debilitating
Tags (3)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Lancasterm
in reply to: jmfeider

Jmfeider

Welcome to the forum...

You need to include addition details in your posting, like what version/service packs of Inventor/Vault you are using along with operating system...  It just helps in troubleshooting the issue.

Is this happening on only one machine?   Many machines?

It might be related to .NET framework issue.

Any other (non-Autodesk) application experiencing this issue?

Screen shots?

Message 3 of 12
jmfeider
in reply to: Lancasterm

Thank you for your interest in my problem. I'll break down your reply and be prompt to answer any further questions. This is extremely crippling to our system and has persisted for far too long. You need to include addition details in your posting, like what version/service packs of Inventor/Vault you are using along with operating system... It just helps in troubleshooting the issue. Running: Autodesk Inventor Professional Ultimate 2014 SP2 Autodesk Vault Professional Update 2 Windows 7 Professional 12 GB RAM 2.5 GHz Xeon Intel Nvidia Quadro FX 1800 Vcard Is this happening on only one machine? Many machines? Oddly, it happens on all of the computers in house at random intervals of the day (and night) but this does NOT occur on people VPNing into our network to do work. Both of us are having issues opening up data that existed before 2014 install. I've been told that the shrinkwraps are the burden to these assemblies but a 100 part assembly shouldn't take 15 minutes to load up in this program. It might be related to .NET framework issue. I think this might be the issue as well from my hunting... but I am no network master. Any other (non-Autodesk) application experiencing this issue? No other application we are seeing with this underlying connection error currently. Probably unrelated, but we have long check in times when it comes to moving excel books on and off of sharepoint. Screen shots? Attached
Message 4 of 12
jmfeider

I am sorry the prior reply is very difficult to read. I feel like I've used enough forums in my time to make something more legible, but it must not have appreciated my spacing Also, apparently it doesn't like me attaching files either.
Message 5 of 12
jmfeider

Ok I think it had to verify I was a real, live person first after a few posts before the attachments would allow. Here are the screenshots from 1 day as well as the drop down log. I also have a server log as well with times if you need that too to dig deeper.

THANKS!!!

Message 6 of 12
jmfeider

Additionally...

Message 7 of 12
Lancasterm

Jmfeider

Are your CAD workstation plug directly into a network connection or through a VoIP phone?   Just wondering...

Message 8 of 12
jmfeider

Directly into a network connection. I'm not sure it matters, but we also have a VDS Document redirection, with our workspace existing on our physical PC at desk.
Message 9 of 12
bob_holland

jmfeider,

Is your Vault server local to the users?

Is your Vault server a physical server or a virtual server?

What are the specs for your Vault server?

Is your network storage on a windows server or a NAS device?

Redirecting your local workspace defeats the idea of having a local Vault Workspace.

If you do a Pack and Go and bring your project to a local (not redirected) C:\.....  location, do you see the same issues?

Please make sure that the following service packs and updates have been applied:

Autodesk Inventor 2014 Service Pack 2
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-in...

Update 3 for Inventor 2014 Service Pack 2
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/update-3-fo...

Autodesk Vault 2014 Service Pack 2

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-vault...

Cumulative Hotfix 3 for Autodesk Vault 2014 Service Pack 2

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/cumulative-hot...

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 10 of 12
jmfeider
in reply to: bob_holland

Is your Vault server local to the users? Yes it is only about 60 feet total cord distance from the users seeing the error Is your Vault server a physical server or a virtual server? Physical Server What are the specs for your Vault server? ( I will respond when I know for sure) Is your network storage on a windows server or a NAS device? (I believe Windows, but I will respond when I know further) I had the service packs but did not install these updates or hot fixes, which regardless of the outcome, I will do this asap.
Message 11 of 12
jmfeider
in reply to: bob_holland

Dual Xeon 2.6 8 gigs of ram SQL Server 2012 express Dual 1GB Nic SAN, MD3000i
Message 12 of 12
jmfeider

Wondering if anyone else had some input on this topic?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report