Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view Vault files

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
dadirohith
773 Views, 12 Replies

Unable to view Vault files

Hello,

I have Inventor pro 2013 and 2014 installed on my machine. I got Vault 2013 installed too.

But for some reason I couldn't see any files in the Vault.

Is there any way to access the files in the vault without uninstalling Inventor pro 2014.

Thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
AmmandaMao
in reply to: dadirohith

Inventor 2014 should not prevents the connection of Inventor 2013 & Vault 2013. Can you still be able to log into Vault from Inventor 2013? Try to repair the Vault client to see if the problem is fixed. Thanks, Amanda
Message 3 of 13
cbenner

@dadirohith wrote:

Hello,

I have Inventor pro 2013 and 2014 installed on my machine. I got Vault 2013 installed too.

But for some reason I couldn't see any files in the Vault.

Is there any way to access the files in the vault without uninstalling Inventor pro 2014.

Thanks in advance.

When you installed Inventor 2014, most likely you updated your Microsoft .Net to version 4.5 without even realizing it.  This interferes with Vault 2013.  There is an update for Vault 2013 which should fix the problem, here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/downloads#?rows=10&sort=score

I've seen this a few times myself.  🙂

Message 4 of 13
dadirohith
in reply to: cbenner

Chris,

It seems like update 2 for Vault 2013 Service Pack 1 is no more available. So I tried uninstalling Inventor 2014, but still there is no result. I tried reinstalling the Vault 2013 which doesn't work either.

Rohith 

Message 5 of 13
dadirohith
in reply to: AmmandaMao

Amanda,

I am able to login to Vault, I tried reinstalling Vault 2013 but still doesn't work.

Rohith

Message 7 of 13
dadirohith

ok thank you
Message 8 of 13
cbenner

Update:

Autodesk Help confirmed that the page is having issues.  They've notified the correct people who are looking into it.  As soon as I hear that it is fixed, I will update here and post a link.  Might be tomorrow though since I'm off in just a bit.

Message 9 of 13
dadirohith

Chris,

Is there any other way to fix the problem without updating the vault, as I need to update all the machines working on 2013 Vault.

But we are planning to upgrade all the machines to 2014 pretty soon.

Rohith

Message 10 of 13
cbenner

With 2013 the fix is in the update... or, you could find .Net 4.0 online. and download that.  Uninstall 4.5 from the control panel, and then install the 4.0.  All of this will be moot once you switch to 2014 Vault, as this one works with 4.5 right out of the box.  Just depends on how long that will be, and how much pain it's causing you in the meantime.

Message 11 of 13
dadirohith

THANKS CHRIS
Message 13 of 13
dadirohith

Thanks thoughSmiley Surprised

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report