Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to save file after creating flat pattern

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
jasonabeddow
1106 Views, 11 Replies

Unable to save file after creating flat pattern

I am having troubles saving the file after I create my flat pattern.  If I delete my flat pattern I can save but once I create it I am unable to save my file I get the following error message.  This is not the first time this has happened I am sometimes successful at resoliving the issue my closing Inventor and restarting my pc but all attemps of this are not working.  I would appreciate any and all help with resolving this possible Inventor bug.

Problems encountered while saving the document. Error(s) detected while writing segment MbBrepSegment in database V:\ENGINEERING\MRK Internal Projects\Router Workstation Shelf\Part\Router Shelf Hood.ipt Error detected while saving object of type MIxTransactablePartition in V:\ENGINEERING\MRK Internal Projects\Router Workstation Shelf\Part\Router Shelf Hood.ipt Error detected while saving object of type MIxPartition in V:\ENGINEERING\MRK Internal Projects\Router Workstation Shelf\Part\Router Shelf Hood.ipt The attempted write operation did not succeed. Part file may be corrupt. The database in V:\ENGINEERING\MRK Internal Projects\Router Workstation Shelf\Part\Router Shelf Hood.ipt could not be saved

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
JDMather
in reply to: jasonabeddow

What happens if you do a Manage>Rebuild All

Cut2 is not done correctly for a sheet metal part.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 12
jasonabeddow
in reply to: JDMather

JD I tried the rebuild all idea and I get the same results.  

Message 4 of 12
jasonabeddow

Mr. Mathers can I ask how you would go about doing Cut2 I am not getting errors on the cut.

Message 5 of 12
JDMather

@jasonabeddow wrote:

JD I tried the rebuild all idea and I get the same results.  

I was expecting that Inventor would tell you that you have an error when you Rebuild All (does it not?).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 6 of 12
JDMather

You will not get error on the cut, but you need to understand cuts that go across bends. 

See attached file (since I edited Cut2, you will need to fix the Flanges).

Message 7 of 12
CCarreiras

Hi!

You have issues in "FLANGE 10" as you can see in the Folded Model and Flat Pattern.

Clipboard03.png

Try a new approach to create these flanges.

Check the attach File.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
jasonabeddow

JD I noticed you went into the bend a little then went vertical were I stopped at the flat face and went vertical.  Looking at your file I am unable to create a flat pattern on what you sent me.

Message 9 of 12
JDMather

I will have to look deeper into the problem.

You can edit the sketch as needed.

Message 10 of 12
CCarreiras
in reply to: CCarreiras

Hi!

Sorry... missing the file.

Check it.

I think the file has also some problem, but it's finished.

Maybe a good ideia sent the file to Autodesk's support.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
jasonabeddow
in reply to: CCarreiras

Thank you Carlos that worked never would of thought to use the split like that and the corners look nice as well.  Thank you again.

Message 12 of 12
bob_holland

Jason,

Any Inventor error referencing "segmentation in database" indicates a corrupt/damaged file.

It would be best if you started over from scratch or do no more than export your sketches.

Good Luck.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report