Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to initialize adlm. Please help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
LaurenDotNet
2024 Views, 2 Replies

Unable to initialize adlm. Please help

Hi, my name is Spencer and for school work, my teacher games us student copies of Autodesk Inventor Pro 2014. I installed it just fine, but when ever I try to open it to get started on projects, I get an error message. It reads: Unable to initialize adlm. Internal Error Message: Service not installed Error Code: 20 I've tried uninstalling and re installing but it still gives me the error. Can anyone help?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: LaurenDotNet

If you are on Win8.1 you need to install all the SP's and patches 1 & 2 for SP1. Location is at the bottom of this web page. After you have installed the updates, you may need to RMB on the Inventor Icon and select the Run as Administrator option.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3
DennisRay
in reply to: blair

Having the same error as Spencer, Unable to initialize adlm. Internal Error Message: <Service not installed> Error Code <20>. I have Windows 7 and have been using Inventor Pro 2014 since July 2013. This error just came up the other day. Any suggestions??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report