Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to import application options

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
double_leon
232 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to import application options

Hi!

I'm using Autodesk 2014 Professional Student Version and I am unable to export or import the application options. When I try to, INV tells me that I tried to execute a not supportet process.

Is it possible to export or import the application options in the student version? Does anyone know this error?

P.S. The Attachment is in German, but says the same 😉

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: double_leon

Hi! I would like to understand the behavior better. After you click Export button in Application Options dialog, do you see the error immediately? Or, it happens after you select a folder to save and click Save button.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 5
double_leon
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi!
When I try to export, I am able to choose where I want to save them. As soon as I confirm the location, the error occurs. Afterwards I can click "okay" or close the window, but it will repeat to open itself until Inventor crashes or the application options switch to "colours". In the colours tab, i see many empty configurations. I will attach a Screenshot of it.

If I open the application options and choose the tab "colours" manually, i see the same. When I want to choose annother tab, the same error occurs (Tried to execute a not supported Process).

When I try to import, I am as well able to select a file, but as soon as I confirm, the error occurs.

I hope I was able to describe it a bit better.

Thanks for the help!

Message 4 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: double_leon

Hi! At the location you want to export Application Options to, do you have the privilege to write? Have you applied all the applicable Inventor service packs and updates?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 5
double_leon
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi 🙂
I am pretty sure that I am able to write on that location. I tried on different locations, for example my desktop and it still didn’t work. It would also be odd if I wasn’t allowed to import the Application Options because I didn’t have the privilege to write, wouldn’t it?
I’m not sure whether I have applied all service packs an updates, can you explain how I can check that?
My Laptop unfortunately hasn’t left much storage room left, could that be a reason for my problem?
Thank you for your Help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report