Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to import a DWG into a sketch

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
eleblanc
452 Views, 1 Reply

Unable to import a DWG into a sketch

I have this dwg that i've imported into a part sketch. All expect one layer won't come it. So i have made a dwg with only the culprit layer, see attached. Why nothing gets imported into a inventor 2012 sketch.

BTW all layer from my main dwg file gets imported into on single layer even tho i'm not using the option to do that. It is not a big deal compared to that layer not being imported.

Any idea? try to import it and let me know if it works, my autocad and inventor are patched SP1

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

I could able to import the sketch in Inventor 2012 successfully. Attached is the part file. Can you try changing the graphics in application options -> hardware tab to compatibility view and try.

Also you may want to check the current version of your Design review and drawing true view. If you haven't upgraded them, please try to install the latest one.

If it still fails, you could do a reset of all your addins through the utility in the link. This might try to reset your DWG translators.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report