We have the following problem / bug and i was wondering if others can reproduce it.
When adding a new sub-assembly to an existing ipn, the newly added assembly doesn't have the + sign to expand it. (see image)
1. create a part. (anything will do) - Part1
2. make an assembly and add Part1 a few times. - Assembly1
3. make another assembly and add Assembly1 a couple of times. - Assembly2
4. create a presentation file with Assembly2, add a tweak for good measure. - Assembly2.ipn
5. Save the ipn. (and any other unsaved files)
6. now go back to Assembly2 and add another instance of Assembly1.
7. look at the presentation again, if it's the same as our situation there shouldn't be a + next to the newly added instance.
If anyone can confirm this or perhaps knows of a way to fix it, without having to recreate the entire ipn, it would be greatly appreciated.
Ok, just to add a little more weirdness, here are a few more steps.
After making the ipn with the assembly that doesn't expand, do the following:
8. open Assembly1 and add another instance of Part1
9. go back to the ipn, there should now be a + next to the instance that previously didn't have one.
10. expand this instance to find it only shows the last instance of Part1 that was just added.
Attached is an image of the situation.
Been like that since it IPN was added a long time ago, I now only do my IPN after the model "IAM" is completed.
The Presentation module has been a bit of a add-in and not much has changed since it was added back about 8 years ago. I really think they want us to buy Inventor Publisher rather than make improvements to the IPN module within Inventor.
Can't say i ever noticed the behavior before, but then again we did change our workflow a bit over the last year.
I must agree with you on the fact that there hasn't been much change to the ipn environment.
Heck, you can almost say there has been NO improvement to it.
I'm kinda keeping my fingers crossed that they will add Publisher to the suite package, because ipn's are just really falling behind on the rest of inventor.
Still, it would be nice if there was a way to correct this problem...
We did figure out that replacing the assembly through "component - replace" gives a partially corrected list, just 1 lvl though... but at least that's something...
... I really think they want us to buy Inventor Publisher rather than make improvements to the IPN module within Inventor.
I hope that's not what they're thinking. Inventor Publisher is easy to use and produces very nice end results, but I need to make Inventor drawings of exploded assemblies-- IP is useless for that purpose. I keep hoping that the explosion functionality of IP will be incorporated into Inventor for making .ipn presentations.
Ok, fairly certain this is a bug with ipn's now...
Already had my doubts of ever seeing this behavior before, but now an entire browser tree dissappeared after replacing a subassembly
See attached image.
Can someone from autodesk please take a look at this?
I also have this problem.
see attached pic, all assemblies without "+" sign were added/changed from original assembly used to create presentation.
Does anyone know if a fix for this is being worked on.