Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Edit an iPart via Spreadsheet

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
GKadmin
1797 Views, 11 Replies

Unable to Edit an iPart via Spreadsheet

I try to edit the table of an iPart via a spreadsheet (EXCEL 2010) and it does not launch EXCEL.  I saw other posts with changing the registery and I am not too confident on what to remove or even how to do it.

I am running Window 7 with Inventor 2012 and Excel 2010.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Cadmanto
in reply to: GKadmin

Welcome to the forum.

Does the ipart table eidtor not do what you are trying to do when you select the editor in the browser when you select "table"?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 12
GKadmin

With Excel you can change the order of the columns.  With Excel you can edit the values much faster than in the table editor. You can also add multiple rows much faster.  It is a feature that is not working on my Windows 7, but works on Windows XP.

Message 4 of 12
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi papagoosebob,

I think this link should get you going:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14079866&linkID=9242018

Note: I had to use Internet Explorer to view the video (rather than FireFox)

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 5 of 12
GKadmin
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

I saw that, the video does not play, and there is no reference on what lines to remove from the Register.  Also the statement "Warning! Problems caused by improperly editing the Windows registry could render your computer operating system unusable. Microsoft provides a wealth of critical information that you need to know about the registry in the Microsoft Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/support." scares me

Message 6 of 12
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi papagoosebob,

I had to use Internet Explorer to view the video (rather than FireFox).

If the registry edit spooks you (and kudos to you for being cautious) then you might just tap your friendly IT profesional to do this. But I have a hunch that if you watch video you'll feel okay with it.

Of course it's always a good idea to backup the registry before making changes:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Back-up-the-registry

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2892585&linkID=9240617

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 7 of 12
GKadmin
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Thank you Curtis,

After finally viewing the video on WIindows XP IE (Windows 7 did not work), I was able to edit the register and it works now.

Thanks again,

Bob

Message 8 of 12

Hello Curtis,

My Inventor 2014 suddenly stopped recognising threads on e,g, bolts imported from CC.

It turns out that the problem is a real nuisance now.

(I have tried all the obvious - uninstall & reinstall Inventor & MS Office

The excel thread files exist, the Design Data path is valid etc.)

I can edit an iPart in Excel. I can edit CC Family Tables with the edit in excel option.

I cannot Verify an iPart table - i t just "hangs" with the note in the lower left window status bar - "Loading thread data spreadsheet. Please wait"

"OK" remains greyed out. If I close the window (I know that all the thread data in the iPart table is valid - the parts work on my laptop) and select a new size part, the thread info. fails and remains with the original thread info.

You refer to a link in your thread regarding modifying the registry - the link now goes to a Autodesk home page - with no way of getting any closer to an answer.

Can you please update your knowldege about resolving this / the main thread issue.

Thank you

Message 9 of 12

Hello!

I am having this same issue, I am working with inventor 2020 and after creating my iPart, when right clicking on table, edit via spreadheet, the program freezes as if something is supposed to be happening but no spreadsheet appears, pressing ESC solves the freezing.

Best regards,

I hope I can fin a solution (the link posted for possible solution does not seem to work anymore)

Message 10 of 12
CGBenner
in reply to: sa_sa_go

@sa_sa_go 

Hello,  do you have all updates for IV2020 installed?  What version of Excel are you working with?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 11 of 12
sa_sa_go
in reply to: CGBenner

Hello @CGBenner, thanks for your reply!

After searching like crazy I found the solution of editing HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{ 00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} registry by deleting all wow6432node\

The next problem came when I couldn't find such registry (don't really know if it was not there or just missed it) and after searching some more I read somewhere thath 64bit Excel was recommended and found out I had 32bit one (don't know why, seems odd) I reinstalled Office, edited the registry and it now seems to be working.

After saving and closing Excel it takes around 30seconds to update I don't know if is normal but it works now!

Message 12 of 12
CGBenner
in reply to: sa_sa_go

@sa_sa_go 

Great!  Thanks for sharing, I'm glad you got it to work.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report