Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uknown issue while errors on Tube & Pipe routes

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
854 Views, 4 Replies

Uknown issue while errors on Tube & Pipe routes

I am using Autodesk inventor 2012 professional. I have used the Tube & Pipe tool in my design. The problems started when we updated Inventor from 2010 professional to the 2012 professional. The new content center server was down in the begining, and thus I couldn't populate modified routes because Inventor did not find the pipes. I just got an error message appeared for each route. (Indicated by a yellow triangle icon with an exclamation mark in the browser in front of each Route)

Now that the content center server is running and the connection is OK (When connected, the connection status is marked as "connected".), I cannot get rid of the error message, which I can display by clicking the "Show Violations" on the drop down menu. The error message says "Unknow issue found, please check Content Center configuration".

I can create a "new Route", and I can modify errorless routes, but those routes, that I tried to modify when the content center was down I cannot get working. The "Route"-button is grayed and I cannot repopulate the routes. The routes are visible though.

I can go Tools->Application Options->Content Center, but I don't know what to chenk.

Then I though to check the connection settings but when I try to go to the connection settings from Inventor menu->Vault Server->Connection Options, I cannot. It just says that "You are required to first log out of Vault and Content servers before modifying connection options." regardless whether or not I have actually logged in or out of Vault and Content servers.

I need help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

On the routes that have the error, what is missing?  Fittings, pipe segments or everything?  Can you post a screen shot?  It's possible that the files generated by IV when you originally populated the route are now missing or in another location?

One of my pet peeves about tube & pipe has always been that you cannot "unpopulate" and then repopulate a route.  You have to delete the route and start over.  In your case, depending on how much piping you've lost,... this may be your easiest solution?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

Pipe segments are missing. I don't know about Fittings, as I use only straight pipes.

I actually deleted all the piping, and started again as you suggested. Now, however, when I try to choose any pipe on "the Tube and Pipe Styles" dialog, I get the following error: "The current tube & pipe style uses content that is not currently available in the Content Center.  Please check your Content Center settings or modify the style."

Does this mean that the content center server doesn't have any pipes?

Anyway can I add a local pipe style to the library that I could use? I have only read only access to the content center.

Message 4 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

It sounds like you are not connected to the content center.  Do you have your search paths set up to the right locations?  Loon under Tools\Application Options\ File tab.

Were these pipes custom, or out of the box before you migrated to 2012?  If they were custom, it is possible they did not migrate properly, or at all?  Yes, you can create a pipe style locally in your assembly, but it still needs to link to the pipe in the content center.  Local styles will not be available for use on future jobs, but it sounds like you are ok with that for now.

The root of your problem, my guess, is the Content Center.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

The content center is not working properly. It sometimes can find parts, sometimes not. I need to be in contact with our pc-support who are handeling the content center.

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report