Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Title Blocks

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
Nickees
2116 Views, 26 Replies

Two Title Blocks

I need to insert two different (separate) title blocks into my idw drawings so both show on the drawing.  One is the real Title block, and one is a Revision History block.  I have listed them as Title blocks under Drawing Resources, but Inventor won't allow me to insert both. Is there any way round this?

I do not want the Revision History block as a Symbol.

Nick

Inventor 2011; MS Windows 7-64; i5-2500; 8Gb; GF550Ti.

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27

I just thought of another option though it's not really an editable table like the Revision table is, but you could do something like a prompted entry area on your title block sketch. It would then keep everything on one layer that he could turn off. It comes into ACAD as layer "0" and not on a Symbols layer. It's not the cleanest means of creating a title block or revision block but it can work. We did that years ago before I completely overhauled our drawing standards. Download the attached IDW sample to see if that might be an option.

scrn shot.jpg

Regards,
Kenny
If this post solved your issue please mark "Accept as Solution". It helps everyone...really!
Message 22 of 27
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: Nickees

Hi Nickees,

So if I understand this issue correctly, the Revision Table is being placed on the Symbols layer in AutoCAD making it a bother for your customer to turn off the revision block in AutoCAD.

I think what you might want to do is modify your Object Defaults style and set it so that your Revision Table is automatically placed on the layer of your choice (you can make your own layer if needed).

Autodesk Inventor Revision Table Layer.png

However, you should be aware that you can also use the Model Geometry Only checkbox, in the Save Copy As > Options > Export Destination dialog box, so that the annotation is not included in the DWG. So this might or might not help, it wasn't clear to me if you need some of the annotations or none of the annotations.

Autodesk Inventor Export DWG.png

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 23 of 27
Nickees
in reply to: kwilson_design

I have slightly misled you all with my explanation.  I mixed up Iv Symbols with the Autocad Symbol layer.  Actually this does not change the problem or my difficulties.

What really happens is the Iv Symbols translate to blocks in Autocad on layer 0, not the Symbol (ISO) layer, as I previously indicated.  However the prompted content of the Iv Revision History Symbol does translate to the Autocad Symbol (ISO) layer.

I cannot turn off either layer 0 or layer Symbol (ISO), because I lose other information on those layers.  So I am back to the original problem.  It looks like I will have to accept the Block Edit and Attribute Edit routes to changing the layers.  Thank you for your help.

Message 24 of 27
Nickees
in reply to: kwilson_design

Kenny, I couldn't get your file to open.

Regards, Nick

Message 25 of 27
Nickees
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Curtis,

Thanks.

I do need all the other annotations so Model Geom only is not appropriate..

The procedure - Object Defaults, Layer - does work on the Revision Table (ie it translates correctly).  I have modified the Iv Revision Table to match our existing Symbol Rev table (layout, columns, headers etc).  However the only way I can change the Iv Rev Table text height (without affecting the text height on everything else) is by creating new text styles.  On Rev Table Edit the options to modify text are greyed out.  Is this right?

Message 26 of 27
kwilson_design

@Nickees wrote:

Kenny, I couldn't get your file to open.

Regards, Nick

Ah yea you are on 2011 so that would be the reason.

Regards,
Kenny
If this post solved your issue please mark "Accept as Solution". It helps everyone...really!
Message 27 of 27
Curtis_Waguespack

@Nickees wrote:
...the only way I can change the Iv Rev Table text height (without affecting the text height on everything else) is by creating new text styles.  On Rev Table Edit the options to modify text are greyed out.  Is this right?

Hi Nickees,

This is correct, you'll want to create a new text style to use in the table, if you want to have one to use in only that revision table style. By default the provided text styles are used as sub-styles through out many of the other styles.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report