Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two rotating objects interferring

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
290 Views, 2 Replies

Two rotating objects interferring

Hello all..

As a inventor-noob, i am right now working on a door with a doorhandle and a lock.

So far i have gotten the door handle to work more or less.. The only thing that annoys me is that when i rotate the door handle to the limit, it'll reset rather than "lock" and just wont move anymore.. Anyways, that's not my main issue here.

My main issue is that when i mess around with the lock-handle, it will often interefere and pull in the doorhandle, change the location and just act odd..

It is no problem the other way around. I have no problems using the doorhandle without it doing anything to the lock.. I have tried to make more space between the two handles, but it makes no real difference..

Do you guys have any idea why this could be?

Edit: Typo in the topic

Edit: I'm using Inventor 2013 on a Student License.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

An assembly file (*.iam) is useless with out part (*.ipt) files.

Attach your part files here.

An iam file is simply a list of hyperlinks to the part files and a record of assembly constraints.

This should have been covered in class.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Then that explains everything. I haven't had any class in Inventor.. Not yet.. I wont have until august 🙂

Parts are added here:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report