Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off all Workplanes?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
218 Views, 5 Replies

Turning off all Workplanes?

Is there a quick way of turning off all workplanes in assembly without having to go into each part to turn them off? Thanks, Ben V.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

VIEW, OBJECT VISIBILITY, uncheck ORIGIN PLANES. Sean has a macro to do this better though. -- ______________ Rui ruivaz@cadmais.pt www.cadmais.pt "Ben V" wrote in message news:3fdf54ec$1_7@statler... > Is there a quick way of turning off all workplanes in assembly without > having to go into each part to turn them off? > > Thanks, > > Ben V. > >
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Go to View, Object Visibility, and uncheck User Work Planes or Origin Work Planes depends on which you use. -- Derek Sevier Mechanical Design Engineer Quality Corporation derek dot s at donkeyforklift dot com www.donkeyforklift.com "Ben V" wrote in message news:3fdf54ec$1_7@statler... > Is there a quick way of turning off all workplanes in assembly without > having to go into each part to turn them off? > > Thanks, > > Ben V. > >
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

If you go here and download Hide/Show Features Macro it works really well, handy tool from Sean. http://www.sdotson.com/vba.asp "Ben V" wrote in message news:3fdf54ec$1_7@statler... > Is there a quick way of turning off all workplanes in assembly without > having to go into each part to turn them off? > > Thanks, > > Ben V. > >
Message 5 of 6
EABell

Funny, I was just going to post the same question. You folks are good, you can read my mind.
Ed
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

You can click View>Object Visibility>Work Planes like others have suggested above. But if you will notice to the right of the last window in the previous command, there will be something like "Ctrl+[". This is the shortcut that will toggle on/off the workplane. I have mine set as "Alt+[" and "Alt+]" for origin planes and user planes. When I want to turn them on, I press ALT+ [ ], and they are turned off, press it again and they are turned back on. Takes about 1 second to turn them all off, then back on again. You can customize them to whatever you want by right clicking in the menu bar and chose "Customize", then click the Commands tab. Hope This helps, Kirk "Ben V" wrote in message news:3fdf54ec$1_7@statler... > Is there a quick way of turning off all workplanes in assembly without > having to go into each part to turn them off? > > Thanks, > > Ben V. > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report