Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off prompted entries at New Sheet creation

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tav98f
1763 Views, 6 Replies

Turn off prompted entries at New Sheet creation

I use prompted entries in the title blocks in some sheets in my drawings.  I then use iLogic to fill in the prompted entries.  Is there a way to turn off the prompted entries box when I create a new sheet?  

OR

Is there something other than a prompted entry that is not linked to a file (drawing, part, or assembly) that can be placed in a title block and filled in with iLogic?  

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
GSE_Dan_A
in reply to: tav98f

I made a custom form for our drawings.  I find these to be very user friendly and helps automate the drawing set-up (especially if you use the "more than 1 drawing per file" method.  When you open a drawing template, the form automatically pops up (by use of a simple iLogic code) and you can then enter any relevent information.  The draw back of course is you can not use the form for items that may change from Sheet to Sheet (drawing title, drawing number, scale, etc...)

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Message 3 of 7
tav98f

Thanks for the reply.  Smiley Happy

That is not quite what I was looking for though. The iLogic I have created to fill in the prompted entries completes the title blocks with things like, the drawing number, the sheet number, total number of sheets, and others. It basically automatically fills in the things that would be a pain to enter manually.  I would like to stop the prompted entry sheet from poping up every time I make a new sheet.  Or find a beter solution other than prompted entries.  

Message 4 of 7
mcgyvr

You can also have the title block automatically filled with the iproperties from the first base view part placed on that sheet.. Thus getting rid of prompts that way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 7
tav98f

The information I want to put into the title blocks has nothing to do with a specific part, assembly, or drawing.  That is why I cannot use iproperties.  

Message 6 of 7
mcgyvr

@tav98f wrote:

The information I want to put into the title blocks has nothing to do with a specific part, assembly, or drawing.  That is why I cannot use iproperties.  

I was just going by the items you listed above.. Drawing number, sheet number and total number of sheets..

Sheet number and total number of sheets can be done automatically with Inventor (no need to prompt or do anything to fill those out)

<Sheet number> <Number of sheets> are properties already.. No need to do anything just put those property tags where you want and let the magic happen there..

Also drawing number.. Not sure how you decide on your drawing numbers but many of us simply use the part number of the item as the drawing number (and the file name too) ..It just makes life sooo much easier.. But I'm sure there are situations where that might not work.. But its worked 100% of the time for every single drawing I've created in the past 16+ years.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 7
tav98f

Thanks.  Smiley Happy

Yeah, I see where your thinking is going.  I just started at a new company where the system they use has a lot of manual entry (which is a time consuming pain).  I wanted to speed it up for myself by using iLogic while staying within the accepted norms of the company.  For the sheet number and the number of sheets I only count one type of sheet, so it doesn't translate exactly without using some logic.  The drawing number is similar.  I don't see any way around canceling out of the prompted entry dialog box everytime I create a new sheet, but hopefully someone knows how to disable that or has another suggestion.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report