Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off Mini-Toolbar

36 REPLIES 36
SOLVED
Message 1 of 37
whunter
5619 Views, 36 Replies

Turn off Mini-Toolbar

Does anyone know how to turn off the new 2012 Mini-Toolbar? 

I realise it will probably require editing the registry. I'm fine with that.

Thanks,

William

36 REPLIES 36
Message 21 of 37
blair
in reply to: mrattray

Only when "Marketing" can dream up a positive line for the change.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 22 of 37
OricAtmos
in reply to: jbrown1434

Was there an option to pin it in place that was removed later? I'm using Inventor 2015 and I don't see how I could pin the mini menus. I'm trying to trace an outline from an image using splines and the stupid menu always pops up where I need to set the next point. I don't remember the last time I have been annoyed this much by a user interface "feature".

Message 23 of 37
johnkeane440
in reply to: whunter

I cant believe they haven't destroyed this poxy toolbar yet. 

What in the name of all thats good were the developers thinking. Do they wear two pairs of shoes? No they frikkin dont, like I dont need two toolbars. 

I absolutely HATE it. 

Im pushing my company for SW because of stupidity like this.

Message 24 of 37

I find that they are always in the way. Wish there was a way to turn off mini toolbars entirely.

Can anyone from Autodesk advise whether an option to disable these is in the pipeline please?

Cheers,
--Rob
Inventor 2024.2
Message 25 of 37
mcgyvr
in reply to: RobSinglehurst

@Anonymous wrote:

Can anyone from Autodesk advise whether an option to disable these is in the pipeline please?

No.. they won't.. Its total BS.. 160+ kudos.. "Accepted" in 2013.. Still NOTHING.. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideastation/allow-the-user-to-tun-off-the-mini-toolbars-in-canvas-tools/idi-p/3716084

Seems someone got a bit "accepted" happy in 2013.. As many of the top ideas where all accepted in 2013..and yet to be seen. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 26 of 37
dan_inv09
in reply to: mcgyvr

Well they don't have enough time to get to everything they claimed they'd do - it's hard to tie both pairs of shoes with the minitoolbars ALWAYS in the way.

And they are always in the way - if they could just take whatever decides where they get positioned and put them anywhere but there it would be so much nicer. But I just drag it out of the way on my way to the dialog window.

Message 27 of 37
RobSinglehurst
in reply to: dan_inv09

True,

They are always in exactly the place that you don't want them to be! 

Cheers,
--Rob
Inventor 2024.2
Message 28 of 37
mcgyvr

I can feel the winds of change... Slight breeze but I can feel a few tufts of hair moving Smiley Very Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 29 of 37
blair

Maybe even the option to return to the "Classic" interface and leave the "Ribbon" to all the students that get the software for free.  Smiley Very Happy

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 30 of 37
Curtis_Waguespack

@mcgyvr wrote:

I can feel the winds of change... Slight breeze but I can feel a few tufts of hair moving Smiley Very Happy

I felt that breeze today as well ...fingers crossed that it is the right kind of change.

changew.jpg

Message 31 of 37

Curtis, you've got a heckuva point there.

I'm a little afraid to see what's coming.  

I don't know what it will look like, but I GUARANTEE that something will get moved around and it'll take me months to figure it all out again.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 32 of 37
Cadmanto
in reply to: whunter

3.5 years later and it looks like this is still an issue.  Currently on the cusp of upgrading to 2015.  Can't stand it when there are features added like this one that are first not complete and second, no way to toggle for those that don't like them.  There should ALWAYS be an option to toggle on/off.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if youlike something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 33 of 37
RobSinglehurst
in reply to: Cadmanto

Still there in 2015 I'm afraid and in exactly the wrong place every time they appear! Smiley Sad

No On/Off toggle either.

Cheers,
--Rob
Inventor 2024.2
Message 34 of 37
pball

There is a way to pin the location of these things. So I have the stupid things pinned to a lower corner where they are out of the way.

pin.png

Message 35 of 37
RobSinglehurst
in reply to: pball

Excellent! Thanks for that 🙂 I've never explored the options before as they annoy me so much! Smiley Wink

Cheers,
--Rob
Inventor 2024.2
Message 36 of 37
Cadmanto
in reply to: pball

As long as you don't have to use your triad I guess you are fine.  Smiley Very Happy

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 37 of 37
pball
in reply to: Cadmanto

Cadmanto I can suffer through the loss of my triad to get those things out of my way. Though I could always pin them somewhere else but why would I do that lol.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report