Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tube % pipe versus individual pipes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
trenthoskings
319 Views, 5 Replies

tube % pipe versus individual pipes

I habe a machine which required various size pipes.The machine area is 7m x 2m.....I ususally design each individual pipe...is this better to do with pipe and tube or should i continue to create each pipe individually....I have created all the valves which i use in the machines......can these be inserted using Pipe & Tube?

Any advantage of pipe and tube over individual creation of pipes in machines of this size

Thank you

TH

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
blair
in reply to: trenthoskings

The T&P module is really just a "short-cut" and has some specific tools to aid in 3D sketching for the create of the T&P runs.

If you are just using straight pipes and have placed all your fittings, maybe think of using the Content Center for your pipes. You can simply RMB on the CC pipe within the assembly and change it's size or length from the screen pop-up dialogue box.

It also has a number of benefits in the IDW's BOM as well.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 6
cbenner

In my humble opinion, the benefits of T&P vs individual pipes using standard constraints depends greatly on the amount of piping you need to run.  If your machine is heavily piped as ours are, they are a nightmare to do with standard constraints.  T&P does have some limitations and can be a hair pulling experience at times... but there's no way I'd go back with the amount of piping we do on a daily basis.  And yes, your custom valves and fittings can be authored and added to the Content Center to be used with Tube & Pipe fairly easily.

So it all depends on the nature and amout of piping you need to do.

Message 4 of 6
trenthoskings
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks Blair

Hi Chris

Thank you

Would you have a picture of your machines

Thanks again

Tony

Message 5 of 6
blair

We do commercial transport trailers, so most of our T&P is flexible lines.

Image.jpg

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 6

very impressive

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report