Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tube/pipe question

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jbelle7435
112 Views, 1 Reply

tube/pipe question

I have done lots of research for the past two days on this.
A tube was bended 90 degree. The only information I know about this tube is

lenght before bend->8''
Mat->soft copper
pipe OD->3/8
wall thk->.032

I made a part of this pipe and then pyhsically matched it 1:1 with my drawing, took a few tries before I got it perfect. The reason is this pipe is going to be mass produced so a drawing to represent this pipe must be made.

My concern is, how will the pipe bender know the exact placement of the bend before it is bended next time with my drawings. I feel the drawing shows the pipe bended, that does not account for the bend deduction. This person making this is fine with what I give him because he knows it already, but what happens to the next guy who has never seen the pipe before and needs to produce the same exact pipe as the first guy. I found good examples from swagelok website but I have 3/8 OD leaving me lost unless there is a universal bend deduction distance chart with all OD's not just 1'' and up
Inventor 2012
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RonnieWilkins
in reply to: jbelle7435

I have a pipe fitter's hand-book at home that has standard deduction values. Worked great for me back when I was working for a HVAC manufacturer.

I'll see if I can post the information later tonight.
Ronnie Wilkins, Jr.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report