Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube & Pipe Error - Nominal diameter of 90 elbow doesn't match pipe ND

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
cwhetten
869 Views, 6 Replies

Tube & Pipe Error - Nominal diameter of 90 elbow doesn't match pipe ND

I am trying to create a new pipe style from content that I have added to the content center. I keep getting the error attached. It says: "The Nominal size of the Pipe does not match with the size of Elbow 90." But it really does match! I promise! I authored and published a pipe style that has nominal diameters from 1/8" to 24" in both schedule 40 and 80. The elbow I am trying to use is one I authored and published that has nominal sizes 1/4" to 14". I am attempting to create a pipe style for 4" sch. 80. The pipe I am using has a 4" ND row in its family table. The elbow I am trying to use has a 4" ND row in its family table. Why does Inventor not see this? Why does Inventor say that the nominal sizes don't match when they clearly do? What is up with this error, and how do I fix it?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cwhetten
in reply to: cwhetten

here is a screenshot of the family table for my pipe.
Message 3 of 7
cwhetten

and here is a screenshot of the family table for my elbow.
Message 4 of 7
cwhetten

I forgot to mention: I am using Routed Systems 2009, SP 2, Windows XP SP 2
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

You might want to check to make sure yuo do not have a decimal rounding issue. Even if the dinension is off by as little as .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001, Inventor will see it as not being the same size.
Thom
Message 6 of 7
cwhetten

The Nominal Size parameter is a text string, so there is no rounding occuring.
Message 7 of 7
mahaifeng2

Do you mind to send me the authored Pipe and elbow, so I could have a try with them?
My mail address is Haifeng.Ma@autodesk.com

--Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report