Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube and Pipe will not populate route

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Esky99!
1404 Views, 13 Replies

Tube and Pipe will not populate route

Having an issue where the tube and pipe will not populate. It views for a quick second then dissappears and the populated route is not there.

It was working in this particular assembly then all of a sudden has stopped working.

Seems to work fine when starting a new assembly file.

Thanks for any help

Inventor 2014 Pro SP1

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Esky99!
in reply to: Esky99!

Product Support Case created
Message 3 of 14
inchul.lee

Good morning Paul Coleman,

Thanks for your post. Would you be able to share the data set with us for further investigation? If it can't be shared in the Forum, I can send you a private message with an FTP link where you can upload it.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Inchul Lee
Message 4 of 14
Esky99!
in reply to: inchul.lee

Hi Inchul

I received a message from Nathan Chandler as well. Do you want me to use this FTP site link?

I’m busy at the moment may need to insert later tonight.

Regards

Paul

Message 5 of 14
mslosar

I've got the same problem here. I cannot upload my files though. It's proprietary and rather large (800 unique pieces, 8000 instances).

Anyhow. I plotted points in a base model. In T/P i can click start at point 1, go to 2, then 3 etc. It draws the route just fine (though it refuses to give options with 45 degree elbows). Upon clicking populate route it builds all the geometry (in this case 3 pipes and 2 90 degree elbows) and then the geometry just disappears. No errors or warnings etc.

The model is basically a 400' stack made up of 10 40' sections - each it's own iam file. I open the base iam file and run the route through the exact same points there and when i populate the route, it generates the geometry and upon completion immediately opens a dialog to save the parts. Just as it should.

Are there any cases in an iam that would cause the problem of the geometry disappearing (more aptly getting deleted) and never seeing the dialog to save the parts?

FWIW, this is Inventor 2013 - i've got 24gig of ram and with the model open i'm only using 1.2 gig on the file.

Message 6 of 14
Esky99!
in reply to: mslosar

Hi

Do you happen to have a substitute level of detail within this assembly?

If yes, delete it and try to populate the route again.

Let us know your result.

Regards

Paul

Message 7 of 14
mslosar

No, there are no LOD's used in the assembly.

I actually tried making one and restarting Inventor and loading the smaller LOD and no luck.

Bizzarely, someone else here was able to do it just fine in 2013 Professional (i'm on premium/routed systems), and yet another person could do it on 2013 prem/routed systems. Hardware between all of us is the same, too. Not sure what the issue is and there's no error or log or anything to point me in any direction....

Message 8 of 14
Esky99!

Can you add a screen image of your browser tree. Expand the top level representations folder LOD section.
Message 9 of 14
mslosar

Capture.PNG

That's all the representations - all default settings.

Message 10 of 14
mslosar

Ideas?
Message 11 of 14
cbenner

Sorry, it's been a while.  I'm chasing my tail trying to keep up with engineering changes on a skid that seems to never be complete.

You said you ran this route in a base assembly...  am I assuming correctly that when you get the error, you are working in a larger assembly that contains (10) copies of this base assembly, and you are editing one of them, hoping that your pipes will populate and propogate to all of the copies?  Theoretically this should work, but I suspect (since you are able to do it by openineg the base assembly alone) that you are over-taxing Inventor.  SOmetimes Inventor needs to be handled with kid gloves.  Not the most stable of creatures.... very tempermental.  My suggestion would be to do your piping in the base assembly alone, since that seems to be working.  If I am reading you right.

As for the 45 elbows... are you sure that you have a valid 45 elbow called out in your T&P style?

Message 12 of 14
blair
in reply to: cbenner

I run into problems with T & P if I'm not working at the upper level IAM for T & P. Inventor doesn't like it when I drill down to a sub-assembly to work on T & P.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 13 of 14
mslosar
in reply to: cbenner

In my case, it is something with my machine I believe as it works for two other people in our office with identical machines.

In my case, though, when i say base assembly, i mean the first assembly object added to the final assembly - ground zero so to speak. You have to have all the stack sections in the assembly you're doing the T&P in in order to make sure the route works. Otherwise it's like trying to run a break line to your right rear tire but only having the engine block in the scene.

I did strip the assembly down to what I needed to run it properly and it didn't work. I wound up having to pass the work onto someone else because my machine wouldn't execute it. It wouldn't execute a simple 10' run from point A to point B. However, others could and I could pull that up on my machine without issue, but not add to it.

Overtaxing the machine crossed my mind, don't get me wrong, but why would it over tax mine and no one elses?

Message 14 of 14
blair

Possibly something might be wrong with your user profile. Try logging in as a differnent "User" and see if you then have access to add items in the T & P. Inventor stores all the T & P template data in a seperate file and not in the standard Template files.

Make sure you have access to this file location: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2015\Design Data\Tube & Pipe\en-US

You might even try copying the file from other machines that can add T & P to your machine.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report