Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube and Pipe tutorial files

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
mmurray1629
2258 Views, 11 Replies

Tube and Pipe tutorial files

Hello inventors!

I am trying to do the tube and pipe tutorial within inventor 2015, but I can't seem to find the files I need to download anywhere online.  I've been searching this website and google for over an hour with no luck.  Can someone help point me in the right direction? 

Thanks,

Michael Murray

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
mcgyvr
in reply to: mmurray1629

bottom of page..

download the "Routed Systems" tutorial data set..

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/inventor-20...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 12
rhassler
in reply to: mcgyvr

Tutrorial files teach you nothing about the software. Not even interactive. Is there some magic trick that I am not seeing? This tube and pipe software is a major pain and a major waste of money! Smiley Mad

Message 4 of 12
cbenner
in reply to: rhassler

@Anonymous wrote:

Tutrorial files teach you nothing about the software. Not even interactive. Is there some magic trick that I am not seeing? This tube and pipe software is a major pain and a major waste of money! Smiley Mad

While presenting as a bit of a PITA from time to time, I beg to differ.  What are you having trouble with?  There are several of us in here who use T&P all the time and woiuld be happy to help.  However, I suggest that you post specific questions in a new thread so they can become a subject of their own for future searching.  Thanks!

Message 5 of 12
rhassler
in reply to: cbenner

Chris,

Did exactly that and got a faster response from this than I have with the new question posting. I have been using AutoCad since the 90's and have progressed as it has from Mechanical Desktop to Inventor and I have never received training on the T&P. It throws things in every which direction and in places I never placed them. I figured out how to create my own custom tubing library but the blasted software will not let me use it. We do a lot of custom flexable hose work here and have yet to be able to use the package. I need a good tutorial, in lue of formal training for the T&P. The Items suggested in this blog from the Autodesk website do not work unless you have the companion to work with or from. An animation or a training video may be of more use. I have looked on YouTube but still not the greatest.

Robert

Message 6 of 12
Mark.Lancaster

My advice..  Talk to your reseller and take the 1 day training on tube and pipe.   Years ago I created a routed system training manual because there wasn't much out there.   However I don't have a copy that I can share.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 12
rhassler
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Mark,

While I appreciate the advice it is not the answer I was looking for. I know I can contact my reseller or even go back to where I had taken my original Inventor training for updates but I need a solution now. Something I can hopefulle work through on my own or with a little on line help.

Robert

Message 8 of 12
riff62

Not sure if this is the type of thing you are looking for but it will give you some training in T+P cheaper than a reseller class...

http://www.trainingtutorial.com/Tube_and_Pipe_Routed_Systems2015.htm

Also, a google search returned 232,000 hits on Inventor tube and pipe tutorials..j/s

Message 9 of 12
cbenner

Robert,

What was the answer you're looking for?  Better tutorials from Autodesk?  Or are you asking where you cen get more formal training?  Unfortunately there is not a lot out there for Tube & Pipe, that's why I suggested asking questions about specific issues here in the forums.  Twitter is also good, using the @autodeskhelp tag... they watch that all day.  I did a class at AU last year on rigid pipe, not sure how much help it would be but it did have some of the "getting started" stuff in it.  Here is a link:  http://au.autodesk.com/au-online/classes-on-demand/class-catalog/2014/inventor/md5386#chapter=0

There are also a LOT of great videos on YouTube and in the Autodesk Screencast site.  Never having used to official tutorials, I can only take your word that they're not helping... that's what we're here for.

Message 10 of 12
mmurray1629

Rhassler - I don't know if this will mean very much to you, but since I started this thread over a year ago, I have since come to use the T&P a lot.  It's actually very helpful, but it takes time and practice to get the hang of.  This might be bad advice, but the two things I found to be very helpfull were placing and constraining all of the elbows/joints before using T&P and just using it to fill in the gaps between bends, and for hoses, placing nodes along the generated spline so I could click and drag the hose into the shape I wanted.  My last tip is to use flush constraints on all of the origen planes of your T&P run and attach them to the origen planes of your main project - this will keep the T&P from moving around when you click/drag it.  

Message 11 of 12
rhassler
in reply to: riff62

Great suggestion! Only problem is no filter. Out of 232.000 hits I need the one that can tell me either how to build a custom library properly or what is wrong with the two now that I have created (both very similar and the first one I guessed at.) Neither of them will work and one actually crashed Inventor.

Anyone else got any other ideas?

Message 12 of 12
ASI_Aaron

In the ZIP are some files that explain how to author and publish tube & pipe parts to the content center. Maybe this will help a little...

- Aaron -
PDSU 2016
i7-5820k
Samsung 950 PRO NVMe 512gb
Quadro K4200
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report