Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube and Pipe Styles Linked with Content Center Parameters/Properties?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
lesmfunk
445 Views, 3 Replies

Tube and Pipe Styles Linked with Content Center Parameters/Properties?

Anyone know how pull Content Center Family Table entries into Tube and Pipe Styles?

I want to define rules (i.e. minimum bend radii) for every pipe/tube/hose diameter in the Content Center Family Table. Then I want it to populate the rule in the Tube and Pipe Style when I select the diameter from the drop down. The diameter is already linked, so I can't see why other table entries should not be linked.

My only other option is creating a different style for every diameter in the table which could mean a lot of styles.

Let me know your thoughts.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: lesmfunk

In my experience, the tube & Pipe styles are controlled by Diameter or Nominal pipe size.  So, basically, you will need a style for each different size you want to route.  Yes, this can mean a lof of T&P styles.  But did you know you can copy them and only change the size and name to create a new one?  Also, you can export an entire family of styles (for example in my world, all PVC sch. 80 socket weld for water), and then import them.  The import comes in as a copy... and you can edit those things that are different.  This can save a lot of time.

You ARE creating your T&P styles in the Piping Runs.iam file, I assume?

Message 3 of 4
blair
in reply to: cbenner

My T & P for flexible hose contains a "Style" for each size and corresponding colors (we do a lot with nylon air-line). I've found it easier to place my fittings first, this allows for better control, then do my T & P runs.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 4
lesmfunk
in reply to: lesmfunk

Thanks for confirming my fears and the reminder to create the styles in the template. I like cbenner's export/import idea as well as blair's suggestion to place fittings separately.

I guess I'll have to create the styles with the bend radii for each diameter.

cbenner gets the solution for having the first response, but kudos to both of you.

Also, I discovered how to place length into the part number by changing size (but not changing the size, if you know what I mean)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums