Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube and pipe styles disappeared

52 REPLIES 52
Message 1 of 53
BrettCaldeira
4720 Views, 52 Replies

Tube and pipe styles disappeared

When I opened the model this morning to add new pipes, I saw that all my tube and pipe styles disappeared from the model. I can still see the pipes and routes created with the styles but there is absolutely no styles in the list of tube and pipe styles. If I open any other model in the project all is normal, for some reason it only appears to be a problem in one specific model. What can I do to get the styles back? I would prefer if i could get a remedy instead of recreating the model from scratch.

I have also exported all my styles from one assembly and imported it into the assembly giving problems, the software told me the styles are imported but the styles window shows blank, i.e. it shows that there is no styles.

Anybody have any suggestions.

Reagrds,

Brett
52 REPLIES 52
Message 41 of 53
andy-axium
in reply to: chris.bowden

We at Axium Process have looked at SolidWorks 2019, had a demo of the SW equivalent of T&P and to be honest if buying a new CAD system today so much of SW is quicker and easier than Inventor the choice would be SW, not a good feeling to have after using Inventor since Inventor 5 - hoping that the Inventor team will have a serious look at T&P soon

Andrew

Message 42 of 53
cbenner
in reply to: chris.bowden

@chris.bowden

Hi, Chris...

This is a very old and diverse thread, with many issues discussed over the years.  Can you please clarify exactly what problem you're seeing today, and what steps may have led up to it?

There was some discussion of this being a corruption issue and, as @johnsonshiue mentioned, many things can lead up to this.  Can you point to any customization you may have applied to your Inventor, or any other strange behavior before you saw whatever the problem is?

Message 43 of 53
jweiss1313
in reply to: andy-axium

It's not my intention to beat up Autodesk, but I agree that the T&P environment needs a major update.  We implemented tube and pipe years ago for refrigeration tubing for our ice makers.  It's very hard to learn and is not very user friendly.  Then we got Vault and that made T&P even more complicated.  We no longer use tube and pipe because its easier to create and maintain using 3D sketches and sweep.

I realize that Autodesk purchased this functionality, but like most of the functionality they purchase, it needs work and they seem reluctant to update and improve.

We like the functionality to route tubes, but we do not like how it handles the files and folders and it's adaptivity creates issues with working with Vault.  We've had to check out the entire T&P file structure to modify components that have nothing to do with T&P.  We like to the design and routing part but want more imput to file naming and structure and we want to be able to turn adaptivity on and off without destroying the entire T&P runs assembly and we also would like to dumb down the tubes and pipe at release and have them be stand-alone files with just a 3D sketch of the centerline and not complicated file and folder structure.  We make thousands of ice makers and we want just a tube part and a drawing that we can apply an item number/filename and not to have multiple files associated with each tube and pipe and we hate the pipe runs.iam that contains the T&P styles.  All Inventor styles should be stored in all the other Inventor styles not in the T&B assembly template.

OK I will get off my soapbox now.  We love Inventor at my company!  We would just like to see a major overhaul of T&P.  Thanks!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 44 of 53
chris.bowden
in reply to: cbenner

Hi,

I have not been using Inventor 2018 long.  We had 2016 bug free since 2015.  The only issue was application options being changed with Windows updates.  The model is a large pipework assembly supported on four frames.  It uses tube and pipe as well as the frame generator.  The assembly is all controlled by a 3D sketch, which acts as a home for all the parameters, which is then linked to all the parts and assemblies to allow relatively smooth design changes.  Apart from the generated frame messing up holes and things constrained to them (another bug in my new 2018) I have not had any issues.  Windows has updated, but my other models have kept their T&P styles.  The model itself is still intact and can update.  I have just lost the tube and pipe styles in the T&P in all three runs I have.  As it is the first time experiencing the issue I am unaware as to how much of an issue this is going to cause.

Message 45 of 53
Yijiang.Cai
in reply to: andy-axium

@andy-axium, for the original VBA macro, you could copy & paste the code lines in VBA editor dialog, and run it.

For the iLogic rule, please use the attached text file and copy & paste the code lines in iLogic rule dialog to run it.

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 46 of 53
evankaspar
in reply to: Yijiang.Cai

This bug is still present and annoying in Inventor 2019.

Message 47 of 53

Hello every one.

I am facing the same issue even in Inventor 2019 version. Any solution please.

Message 48 of 53
shaight
in reply to: darshpanchal1997

This issue is present in Inventor 2019.3 still. Just had it happen to one of our projects for the first time. Updated to the current 2019.4.1 now but the damage is done.

Message 49 of 53
johnsonshiue
in reply to: shaight

Hi Guys,

I am sorry I am confused here. Do you mind elaborating the issue or start a new thread? Do Tube&Pipe Styles disappear all of a sudden? Can you take a snapshot of the Project dialog settings? And, the Tube&Pipe Styles dialog?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 50 of 53
rross
in reply to: johnsonshiue

(all from memory, so it may not be 100% accurate)

On the attached, I have created a system with hoses & piping that has custom parameters. You can see them in the drawing. However if you see at the top left for the tube & pipe dialog box, there is no style shown. If you go and click the down arrow, you get nothing. You loose all of your custom parameters (and if I recall, all the standard ones too).

So you cannot add or remove new hoses, tubes or anything - your routed system is essentially 'fixed'.

I had to re-install the appropriate routed system files, which gave me the ability to make new routed lines, but the old ones had to be deleted since they no longer could be used. I couldn't even copy the old routing files into the folder, as they were no longer recognized.

Message 51 of 53
Roman_Vesely
in reply to: rross

Hi rross, all

it looks like a random issue without steps to recreate. Unfortunately we can't reproduce it on our side.

Would be great if you could share your dataset and steps to reproduce. We will use it for testing purpose only.

you can send it directly to me : roman.vesely@autodesk.com or grand me an access to your storage if it will be huge for sending in email.

Thank you 

Roman

Roman Vesely

Inventor - Principal QA Engineer
Message 52 of 53
Yijiang.Cai
in reply to: hagiographa

Could you share the dataset with us to investigate the issue here? 

You could also try the steps below -

1. Load the assembly 

2. In-Place-Edit for the Tube & Pipe Runs

3. Copy the code below to the module of VBA editor, and run it. Please check it whether it works fine for you. 

Function GetStyleCount(oPropss As PropertySets) As Integer
existed = True
Index = 1
Count = 0
Do While existed = True
i = 100 * Index
Dim StyleName As String
For Count = i To 1 Step -1
StyleName = "_Piping Style "
StyleName = StyleName & Count
existed = oPropss.PropertySetExists(StyleName)
If existed = True Then Exit For
Next
If existed = True And Count <= 1 Then
Index = Index + 1
Else
Exit Do
End If
Loop
GetStyleCount = Count
End Function

Sub ChangeStyleCount()
Dim oDoc As AssemblyDocument
Set oDoc = ThisApplication.ActiveEditDocument
Dim oPropss As PropertySets
Dim oProps As PropertySet
Dim oProp As Property
Set oPropss = oDoc.PropertySets
Set oProps = oPropss.Item("_piping runs")
If (oProps.Count = 0) Then
Dim oPropery As Property
Set oProperty = oProps.Add(1, "count")
End If
Set oProp = oProps.Item("count")
Count = GetStyleCount(oPropss)
If Count > 1 Then
oProp.Value = CStr(Count)
End If
End Sub

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 53 of 53
shaight
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks for the reply. I will revisit this issue next week when my schedule is a little more open. I'll take screenshots and post a better description of what happened at that time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report