Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube and Pipe style selecting first fitting schedule vs appropriate

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jyager
697 Views, 2 Replies

Tube and Pipe style selecting first fitting schedule vs appropriate

FINALLY got the BOM tweaked...then I look and for some reason my schedule 40 pipe runs seem to be selecting the first available schedule of fitting, instead of the fitting applicable to the pipe standard (40 is selected). so the 4" runout selected schedule 5, etc.

Is that working as intended or did I screw something else up?

Jason Yager
Inventor Professional 2023.2
Windows 10 Pro 21H2
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900X CPU @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM
AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200 Series
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Pro
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
4donwan4
in reply to: jyager

Not sure what could have happened here. The pipe run is defined via the pipe style so I would verify the style is set up correctly. If these were custom published parts it may have been a publishing issue.

Regards,

Don

Message 3 of 3
jyager
in reply to: 4donwan4

I attached my tube and pipe style dialogue box.

I made a copy of the 53/A 53m standard (vs copying the 36.10 standard since gaskets werent available in the components) and selected the appropriate components from families who are simply copied versions of stock familes, where I added some additional custom columns for company BOM standards.

See tube 01 attachment

I actually just now, started another copy of the 53/A 53m standard and just swapped out the stock flange tee family for the stock long radius butt weld elbow family (thinking maybe me adding the custom columns did something) and it's doing it there also. It's grabbing the first available SN versus the SN 40 as the pipe style should be dictating.

See tube o2 attachment

Hoping someone spots something glaring that I'm doing wrong, because that's kind of a goofy slip up if it's program side. Do you need any further info?

Jason Yager
Inventor Professional 2023.2
Windows 10 Pro 21H2
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900X CPU @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM
AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200 Series
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Pro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report