Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube and pipe run. Edit route failed.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
alexander.o.pettersson
964 Views, 6 Replies

Tube and pipe run. Edit route failed.

Hi!

I've authored custom tube and pipe components, published them to library and created a custom tube and pipe style. But when I want to create a route with my custom style I get this error message "Edit route failed". The style only consists of a pipe and 90 elbow. All the other styles seem to work and I can't figure out what's wrong.

I also tried to create a custom style for tubing with bends and it worked fine so I guess it has something to do with my elbow.

Thankful for any help I can get.

/Alex

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Anyone?
Message 3 of 7

Did you possibly place any constraints within the pipe style that the run breaks and therefore it won't run it?

For instance, maybe a radius is too tight where as the style dictates a looser callout?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 7

I don't think so. It's a ridgid pipe-style so radius shouldn't be a problem right? Or could the radius of my elbow conflict with any of the rules?

Message 5 of 7

I haven't worked too much with the rigid pipe runs, just the flexible ones.  I was just using the radius as an example.  What I mean't more was to check the specs or requirements of the pipe style you are using and see if there is any settings that might interfere.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 6 of 7

OK. Can't see what that possibly could be. But now I also noticed that when I try to change my style I get this error message "Apply style failed."

Message 7 of 7

Hi,

have you tried to play with the minimum segment length under the Rules tag of the Tube & Pipe Style window?

Just a thought and good luck.

David

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report