Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tube and pipe question

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
turnhill
401 Views, 2 Replies

tube and pipe question

Hello.

I am new at inventor and at my first steps using the tube and pipe environnement. So I thank you in advance for your kind understanding about my neophyte question.

I have created pipe run no 1. in a top-level assembly using fittings from content center and , the necessary files were generated and all the parameters were written at the correct locations in the browser  the route was set to autoroute and threaded steel pipe selected from the tube and pipe dialog box I got the expected result, excellent!

A second route was created for flexible hose using the prescribed method and standard fittings from content center, that went well also, i used the hose lenght tube to fit the hoses precisely.

Now I need to add another flexible hose run, using smaller diameter hoses ( 1/4 in. instead of 5/8 in.)

in order to do that,I clicked the tube and pipe button in the assemble ribbon and entered the file names for the new route.then I select the flexible hose no fittings from the style dialog box, then I right clicked the style to make it active and right-clicked again to edit the the hose diameter and  rules, when I hit the "save" button, the changes were immediately applied to my previously completed hose route even if two distinct routes appear in the browser, also, the associative option in the right click menu for the first and second hose routes are checked but grayed out.

not what I was looking for.

can you direct me to the procedure necessary to dissacociate tube and pipe runs from each other and make them distinct. I am sure this is a basic error on my part, I have been going around in circles for some hours now and decided to risk it in the inventor forum.

again thank you for your time and patience towards a beginner's question.

have a great evening.

Charles

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: turnhill

What version of Inventor?  Any chance of posting the files here?  Can you do a Pack & Go so all fittings come along for the ride?  Then maybe post a zip file?

AutoCAD 2011, IV 2011 Pro SP2 Tube and Pipe - Frame Generator, Vault Pro 2011 Win 7 x64, Dell precision PWS690, GeForce GTX580

Message 3 of 3
turnhill
in reply to: cbenner

Hi Chris.

Thank you for answering my question

inventor 2012 sp. 0

sorry,I have been deleting the problematic pipe runs, and started over this morning.

what I did to resolve the issue is simply creating and naming different new styles for every new run (except those using the same style of course) which seems to be the logical way to go.

again Chris your help offer is very much appreciated, I will keep following the interesting posts on the inventor forum.

Cheers

Charles 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report