Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tube and pipe minimum bend radius violation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Brojefj
1039 Views, 3 Replies

tube and pipe minimum bend radius violation

The company I work for is planning to switch over to INV2014 pro. I was testing the tube and pipe capabilities in 2014 and noticed that the minimum bend radius set in the style can be violated.

Is there a setting some were in tube and pipe were this violation can not occur and the route will generate to the given parameters?

currently working with:

INV2014 Pro SP2

win-7 / 64-bit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mwlaymon
in reply to: Brojefj

I am experiencing the same issue.  I mean, what is the point of making us enter a minimum bend radius in the style if the hose route is not going to adhere to it?  Is there a fix for this?  We also work with a lot of higher pressure hoses and it would be nice to enter a straight end dimension before the hose can begin bending.

Message 3 of 4
lesmfunk
in reply to: mwlaymon

I think the point is that you will need a different minimum bend radius for every hose diameter, so it must be editable. It shows a limitation of tube and pipe styles. The rules are useful for the default diameter only.

Right now I have to create a style for every hose diameter we use. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

It would be nice if the rules were linked to parameters in the Family Table where bend radius, increment, etc could be defined for each diameter and type of hose. In fact, I am not sure why they aren't linked.

Message 4 of 4
steve_lindley
in reply to: lesmfunk

I'm using 2016 Pro and still the same issue. I'm happy setting up new rules for every hose we use, but frankly, setting the minimum bend radius is pointless unless the software uses it or atleast automatically flags up any violation. More often than not, I find it impossible to edit the 3D splines created in order to get rid of the violation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report