Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube and Pipe Errors

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
Cadmanto
1208 Views, 20 Replies

Tube and Pipe Errors

I inherited this assembly from another user.  In making some dimensional changes the pipe runs have now errored.

Not having ever taken any training courses in T&P, my knowledge is just based on simple straight forward runs.

This on the other hand is bit more complicated.  As you can see from the image I have this one run that has errors.

My question is with the violation, is there anyway to pinpoint exacty what the violating member is?

TP.JPG

Inventor Suite 2012
Windows 7 Professional
Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU 3.47 GHz
12.0 GB Memory, 64 bit OS

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
mpatchus
in reply to: Cadmanto

As you can see from the image below, we make extensive use of T&P in our assemblies.

pelham_lowside.jpg

One thing we have done is to eliminate the need to create a massive library of T&P components.

We build all of our connectors as assemblies and simply insert a "Wire Connection" aunthored element into the assembly.

TP_Conn.JPG

This part (red wire in image) defines the T&P connection point.  The depth of the connection is defined by how we constrain the wire.

The beauty is that this one wire works for all of our connectors regardless of size or material.  Saves a lot of time creating T&P parts.  You can see how the wire works in the image below (I  unenabled the cable to make it transparent.)

Cable.JPG

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report