Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube & Pipe Style

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jyothissurendran
823 Views, 8 Replies

Tube & Pipe Style

I have an assembly file, which is having a Tube & Pipe run. Now when i tried to edit one of the route i have got an error. In Tube & Pipe Styles tab i cant see any of the standards.(See the Attached Screenshot). But for other files still its working fine. I have checked the project file, still its remain same. 

Yesterday i have saved the file to aniother location using pack & go. and for that files still the tube and pipe run working fine. Dont know wht happened to master file.

Tube & Pipe Style.jpg

Jyothis Surendran
Autodesk Autocad 2014 & Inventor Professional Suite 2010
Windows 10
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
salariua
in reply to: jyothissurendran

Make sure you are on the correct project and that the libraries are available and marked for use in the project. When I say available, I mean, can you browse and see these files? Are they vault libraries?

567.jpg 

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 3 of 9
jyothissurendran
in reply to: salariua

No, Actually the issue was my tube & pipe run got currepted somehow. When i reloaded from the old version it got solved.

Thanks for your reply...

Jyothis Surendran
Autodesk Autocad 2014 & Inventor Professional Suite 2010
Windows 10
Message 4 of 9

Is there any other solution to this other than a previous version and the routed systems noted above? I have had this issue 3 times on 3 different assemblies.

Message 5 of 9
salariua
in reply to: shawn.payne

Let me get back to you with a couple of tricks, it's raher a long document so bear with me till I make it.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 6 of 9
salariua

Hi Shawn,

Ran out of space here so I've posted it on the blog. There info there is bigger, with images and a small video and I am copying here info pertaining to you: http://blog.ads-sol.com/2015/01/corrupted-t-assembly.html

Things to consider if you experience corrupted files lot of times:

-          Keep the T&P template in Design Data folder clean. Don’t add any styles to it, don’t edit it, this will help you when migrating to newer versions of Inventor. Have the styles exported as xml and import them when needed in your current project. Don’t import them all, just the one you are going to use

-          Make sure you have all libraries attached to your project.

-          Keep styles consistent with Content Center (no missing libraries, corrupted family tables, proper authored pars, etc.)

-          Don’t have long folder paths. T&P as well as Design Accelerator and FEA tend to create long file paths, so keep your projects as close as possible to root drive so you don’t overpass the MS Windows limit of 256 characters.

So you want something different than OldVersions or Vault backups? In short you need to create a copy of the T&P assembly, or just the runs, or just the routes, depending on where the problem is.

STEP 1:

No matter what you do the first step is to create a new context for the T&P ASM.

Option 1:

Create a copy of Main ASM under a different name and that’s because we might still need the original one to save/update original files (will get back to it in a second).

Option2:

Create a new asm , place Main ASM in it and promote all components except T&P assembly. This is to maintain constraints and relations between components as much as you can.

These options are necessary, and they will create new files for the new T&P asm, as well as all the runs and routes. I would use option 1 because with promote/demote you lose constraints of the main asm, as well as any modifications in the asm, like parameters or representations (view, position, lod)

STEP2:

Recreate the T&P asm in the new context

Option 1:

- Use pace component and place the original T&P assembly here.

- Right click on it and select “Make Adaptive”. This will create new files (copy) adaptive and activated as T&P type editable files. Make sure you have “Make all runs adaptive” ticked.

You will lose all references and included geometry for your routes but at least you will have all files created as new in the closest possible configuration to the original one. It’s just a matter of re-constraining the routes, and re-projecting your references with “include geometry”. If the T&P was corrupted sometimes in the copy process it takes the errors with it as well so check next step.

Option 2:

If you still have problems with T&P then you need to repeat Step 1 and instead of placing the original T&P:

- Create a new T&P from the Environment/Begin/Tube and Pipe.

- Save main asm (top level)

- Not necessary but I do go back inside T&P and delete Run1 (automatically created)

- Use place component and place the original runs. They are asm files as well and they look like this: 150122-05.Run01.iam

- Save main asm (top level)

- Back to T&P and right click “Make Adaptive”

- Repeat for all Runs.

Option3:

If you have problems with one of the runs, then:

-Recreate Step1:

- Start a new T&P environment.

- In the newly created route use place component and add all the fittings and routes in the original run.

- Do this for all runs.

- Save the main asm (top level)

- Make them adaptive.

This is the longest and most frustrating, repetitive, time-consuming option but it’s here just in case some runs go bad.

Hope you get it fixed. I can look at your pack and go files if you have one but unfortunately they tend to be rather large and I need the right context, especially if you have custom fittings and library items.

Good Luck.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 7 of 9
shawn.payne

I was able to to restore the pipe styles by

1) remove the AIP folder from the workspace (do not delete)

2) open the top level assy and delete the tube and pipe assembly

3) save and close

4) go to workspace to remove any left over tube and pipe folders/files.

5) open the top level assy and create a new tube and pipe assy.

6) create new runs with the same name as the old ones. Do not create routes you only need the folder structure.

7) save and close the assembly.

😎 go to the working folder and paste back in the run folders that were previously removed. If you have Vault you can just "Get" the run folders from there.

9) Open the assembly and the the runs are all there with the tube and pipe styles.

There was minimal repar needed. Some of the runs that I had in the model were constrained and 2 constraints needed to be fixed. Some idw files had minimal repair. mostly leaders needed to be fixed.

This fix was supplied to me by our Autodesk Vendor eCAD. I do not know who supplied them with this fix. If I did I would give them credit because this saved a tremendous amout of rework.

Message 8 of 9
salariua

Glad you solved it. 

It's still not right that you get so many corrupted files, I would look into that. Clean up all you can, libraries, templates, CC.

Your solution it's working only if you have a problem with the T&P assembly (90% of the time there's the problem).

Just minutes ago I had a problem with one of the routes. Banged my had against the wall a couple of times, forcing all sort of things trying to get it running. 

I ended up recreating the route and placing the fittings from the original one. My problem is placing new fittings messes up their tags, so I need to recreate them.

BTW: the route that was giving me a hard time was pink ! you know just like when there are violations in the route (there were now violations). That's how I knew where the problem was.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 9 of 9
shawn.payne

This has happened 3 times in 3 years. I will look into cleaning it up. I had a route go pink on me the other day because there was some included geometry that was out of wack because the skid changed size. Once I corrected the included geometry it was ok.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report