Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube & Pipe Route Update Issue

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
-Aaron-
623 Views, 7 Replies

Tube & Pipe Route Update Issue

My piping route will not update when I change a dimension when editing the route itself.  See below.  I can change a dimension, the 3D sketch of the route will update, but the pipe will not move into the correct position.  Doing multiple rebuilds and updates does not update the piping.

Has anyone come across this before?  

T&P Update Issue.png

-Aaron-
Formerly ASI_Aaron
i7-6700k
ASUS Z170-AR
Gigabyte GTX 970
16gb RAM
512gb Samsung 950 Pro
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cbenner
in reply to: -Aaron-

Seen it many times I'm afraid. Thee only fix is a rebuild all. The trick is in knowing at what assembly level. Very rarely I have seen where the only ring I could do was delete the spools and repopulate the route.
Message 3 of 8
-Aaron-

I went through each level and rebuilt all.  It didn't fix the issue.  I did end up having to delete the route and start over.  

-Aaron-
Formerly ASI_Aaron
i7-6700k
ASUS Z170-AR
Gigabyte GTX 970
16gb RAM
512gb Samsung 950 Pro
Message 4 of 8
cbenner

If you run into this again, post a "pack and go" of your assembly in here.  I was at home when I responded to you last night, but here at work I could take a look at it and see if maybe I can spot something that's causing the issue.

Message 5 of 8
egrigg

I have had this problem before, for me it was a constraint of one fitting to another that would not let the route update. You might look at the component constraints.

Regards,

Erik

Autodesk Inventor 2013 Certified Professional
Autodesk Product Design Suite, Ultimate 2013
Message 6 of 8
cbenner
in reply to: egrigg

Using Tube & Pipe there shouldn't be any constraints on fitings, they would be controlled by the route.  But, this does bring up a valid question.  Could an equipment constraint outside of the route somehow be conflicting?  ie: is there anything within your route that is constrained to anything outside of the route?

Just a thought.

Message 8 of 8
-Aaron-
in reply to: cbenner

I do have an assembly constraint, but it is within a different assembly in the route.  As I have deleted and re-routed I haven't had this issue come back up on me...yet.   But I will keep that in mind for my future projects.

Asahi's website does have the models available for download, which most I've brought into my files.  They are generic as in the socket depths seem just arbitrary.  But, I did have to redraw this one (for fun), but also to get certain parameters to show up on my BOM when I select it from the CC.  

-Aaron-
Formerly ASI_Aaron
i7-6700k
ASUS Z170-AR
Gigabyte GTX 970
16gb RAM
512gb Samsung 950 Pro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report