Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube & Pipe Route Constrain Error !!!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jyothissurendran
636 Views, 5 Replies

Tube & Pipe Route Constrain Error !!!!!!

Hi,

I am trying to create a piping route using Tube & Pipe Run in a fresh assembly file and need to insert it to another assembly file. So i do not have any Reference points for the routing. ok !!!  Then  i have  created a Grounded point and started the routing from the same.  I have used the method define the start and end points (Height towatds Z Axis). Even if am not trying to drag the route (if i drag by misatake...all gone) When i insert the fittings like tee, Elbow etc. somehow it changes. I mean if we go and use measure command for start and end pont there will be change in X and Y value (Vertical Pipe) . When i finish almost 70% of the assembly one of the route loss the constarins and  it affected all of my sub routing. 

It will be much appreciated if you can suggest a solution to fully constain th route.....Waiting for your valuable reply 

Jyothis Surendran
Autodesk Autocad 2014 & Inventor Professional Suite 2010
Windows 10
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: jyothissurendran

Hello,

First, explain what you mean by the statement that you created a route in one assembly and inserted in into another. Do you mean you inserted the assembly that the pipe run is in, into another assembly?  Or did you take the pipe run itself, and insert that into another assembly?  If you insert a pipe run by itself into an assembly, it loses it's adaptivity.

Your piping assembly structure should look somethinglike this:  With Top Level Assembly, then Master Run Assembly, then individual Pipe Runs..

..tree.PNG

The Master Run assembly (Tube & Pipe Runs) should be constrained to the top level assembly using flush constraints on all three origin planes in both.  Then each new pipe run assembly (Run01, 02 etc) should be constrained the same way to the Master Run assembly.  This will prevent you being able to drag a pipe run and lose it.

Message 3 of 6
blair
in reply to: cbenner

To further "cbenner's" post, this is a sub assembly, placing a copy in another IAM file is fine if you understand that any changes to this T & P will affect any instances of this IAM in other IAM files. As with other IAM files placed as sub-assemblies, they can only be constrained at the top level of the sub assembly.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 6
jyothissurendran

Hi,

The Assmebly is in the same way as ur posted pic. and i have used the constaints to fix. But the problem  is while inserting new items and when i try to constrain it, the route changes itself and creates a new route with possible options even if its fully constrained. I will follow ur method of constraining. let see what happens... thanks for your reply ...

@cbenner wrote:

Hello,

First, explain what you mean by the statement that you created a route in one assembly and inserted in into another. Do you mean you inserted the assembly that the pipe run is in, into another assembly?  Or did you take the pipe run itself, and insert that into another assembly?  If you insert a pipe run by itself into an assembly, it loses it's adaptivity.

Your piping assembly structure should look somethinglike this:  With Top Level Assembly, then Master Run Assembly, then individual Pipe Runs..

..tree.PNG

The Master Run assembly (Tube & Pipe Runs) should be constrained to the top level assembly using flush constraints on all three origin planes in both.  Then each new pipe run assembly (Run01, 02 etc) should be constrained the same way to the Master Run assembly.  This will prevent you being able to drag a pipe run and lose it.

Jyothis Surendran
Windows 10
Message 5 of 6
jyothissurendran

Thanks Chris..I did as you expleined.It works fine. Thanks alot....

Jyothis Surendran
Windows 10
Message 6 of 6
josbloem
in reply to: jyothissurendran

We are using this procedure to draw a route (pipe) and insert it into another assembly.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/grounding-constraining-tube-pipe-routes/m-...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report