Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tube & pipe question 180bends?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
A_Harro
457 Views, 4 Replies

tube & pipe question 180bends?

Hi everyone,

I had a request from one of our Engineers to give them an PCF file format so they can import into their Bentley software. I know this is a tube & pipe export option, however at the moment we are not using the tube & pipe module for what we are drawing up. We are drawing up a coil, consisting of buttwelded straight pipe then a 180 degree bend (purchased fitting), then another straight pipe and another 180degree bend, etc repeated over 6 times.. Is there anyway the tube & pipe style can be set up to use a 180deg bend? (i only see ability for 90 & 45deg) .?

Im using 2014 if that helps.

cheers 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: A_Harro

Hi!

If you don't find a part like the one you need, you can create it.  You can publish your parts to addn them in content Center and edit your own style in Tube and Pipe module.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
A_Harro
in reply to: CCarreiras

I have all the items in need in the content centre, that's not the issue. I'm just not sure the tube and pipe module can handle buttwelded 180 deg bends, When i make a new style, all i see is the ability to choose 45 or 90 deg bends to place. how do i tell it i want a 180 deg?
Message 4 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: A_Harro

@buffs_star wrote:
I have all the items in need in the content centre, that's not the issue. I'm just not sure the tube and pipe module can handle buttwelded 180 deg bends, When i make a new style, all i see is the ability to choose 45 or 90 deg bends to place. how do i tell it i want a 180 deg?

You are correct that, in a T&P style, you cannot specify a 180 deg bend.  However, you should be able to still model with them.  You mentioned you had a length of straight pipe, then the bend, then more pipe etc.  You can place your first 180 deg fitting right from the Content Center, constrain or ground it.  Then create a route for the straight piece of pipe.  Insert another 180 (never, ever copy and paste in T&P... trust me) and use the "connect" option to connect it to the last straight piece of pipe... create a new route on the end of that fitting... and so on until your coil shape is achieved.  Does this help?

Message 5 of 5
A_Harro
in reply to: cbenner

thanks for the reply. when i get a spare sec i'll give that a try. 🙂 thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report