Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube & Pipe, Fittings don't remember connection

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cbenner
444 Views, 4 Replies

Tube & Pipe, Fittings don't remember connection

This has been ongoing since we began using T&P 5 years ago or so... I'm hoping a vide will illustrate what I am seeing.

I create a pipe route, fully constrain it and populate.  Add a flange at the end of the route using the "connect" function.  Edit the route and change the dimension of the leg that the flange was attached to... let's make it shorter for example, the route updates, and the flange is floating in space.  Edit fitting connections shows the fitting is still connected to the pipe with an offset value of "0".  The reattach the fitting, you have to select the connection, and simply toggle the engagement from pipe to fitting, and it "remembers" it's connection.  Change the route again and I have to repeat these steps.  If I forget to tdo this, I look foolish by turning in a completed design with flanges floating in mid air.

Occasionally I can fix this with a "rebuild all" at one level of the assembly or another, but it is unreliable at best, and most times has no effect at all.

Here is a link to the video:

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/99862a73-ed13-4afb-a80a-be57d85f92d0

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 3 of 5
aflesch
in reply to: cbenner

Has there been a resolution to this issue?  I have a similar issue when using Tube and Pipe for Hydraulic hoses.  When a component moves the hose may or may not follow it.  If I edit the fitting connection it shows that a connection still exists. If I toggle the engagement it remembers where is connected and everything works fine...until I move something else.  

This problem also occurs on initial rebuilt when opening an assembly from the vault after someone else has edited it.  Roughly half of the hoses don't snap to the parts they are connected to until you edit the connections manully.  Some of our assemblies have 50+ hoses and this is incredibly frustrating and time consuming to fix.  We are considering eliminating hoses from our assemblies all together until this issue is resolved.  

We also have an issue with the hose end fittings from the content center.  Every time an assembly is opened that contains a hose we are required to check out the hose end fittings from the vault in order to check in the top level assembly.  We have hose ends that have 50+ versions in the vault because they have to be checked out every time someone edits an assebly that contains them.  

Message 4 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: aflesch
Message 5 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: cbenner

Ressurecting this thread for Inventor 2017...

So, when I first posted this, only certain fititngs would have to be re-connected after moving sometihng or changing the design in any way.  So far, in 2017,.... EVERY pipe connection has to be reconnected after moving a piece of equipment or changing dimensions or... whatever!  The connection is still there, but has to be "reminded" by editing connections and choosing a different connection option.  This is just extra work.  Like so....  Should not need to do this once a connection is made.

And while we're on the subject, move the "Delete All Connections" away form Edit Connections on the context menu!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report