Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube & Pipe Brach Support

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
gcooper79
416 Views, 3 Replies

Tube & Pipe Brach Support

Hi All,

I've been using Tube & Pipe for a while now but have only just recently required to reinforce my smaller branches.  I thought it would be relatively easy to achieve this but after investigating I can't find how to accomplish it.

When I am in the pipe run, the only option available to constrain the support is the 'connect fittings'  option.  This can't be used as I have no free connection points in my pipework to use.

If I constrain the support in the overall 'Tube & Pipe Runs.iam'  the support won't show in the drawing view as my drawing views reference the individual pipe runs.

Has anyone else experienced this problem / know of a way in which I can solve this problem?

any help, as always is gratefully appreciated.

Cheers,

Graeme

Inventor Professional 2013

Windows XP Pro x64 Edition SP2

Regards,
Graeme
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jon.Dean
in reply to: gcooper79

Can you Pack n Go one of your IDW's so I can see the problem in full.

I will setup an FTP folder for you to upload the files, please Zip the files first.

Email to follow with FTP details.

Jon.

Jon Dean

Message 3 of 4
Jon.Dean
in reply to: Jon.Dean

Sorry, I did not reply sooner but I was not informed you had uploaded files to the FTP site; I came across them by chance.

Anyway, I see your problem, once the pipe-runs have been placed in your drawing, it is difficult to append with the pipe clamps etc.

Your individual views in the IDW are all based on a Representation View, so if you make that view active in the assembly, you would think you could make your pipe clamps visible.

Having said that, it does not work as expected; as I am sure you found out for yourself.

More investigation needed.

Jon.

Jon Dean

Message 4 of 4
Jon.Dean
in reply to: Jon.Dean

I suggest you join the beta program, then you can test the latest to see if there are any improvements.

Go to beta.autodesk.com and sign up. If the functionality is not available then you can add it to the IdeaStation forum site.

Jon Dean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report