Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to get started with iLogic, who or where has the best tutorials

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
FritscheDesign
1167 Views, 3 Replies

trying to get started with iLogic, who or where has the best tutorials

I'm trying to get started with iLogic, but I have no coding background and no VBA experience in Inventor, so I'm looking for a good site or resource that explains iLogic and gives working examples, any help would be great

IV 2010 SP3
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: FritscheDesign

youve come to the right place

some of the guys on here are guns  at ilogic

search for Curtis Waguespack...he has some good stuff linked to his threads

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 3 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: FritscheDesign

There are several free classes here http://au.autodesk.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 4

Hi FritscheDesign,

Since you're using Inventor 2010, I think you'll find the Autodesk supplied tutorials at this location:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor iLogic 2010\Tutorials

These tutorials are probably the best way to become familiar with the basics of iLogic. Once you've done them you'll find the other resources easier to understand.

My suggestion is to start off simple working through the first 2 part based tutorials and then take some time to try to automate simple tasks with your own part files that you already know how to do in Inventor. For instance, change a part size, change a part color, set a part number, change a description, etc. Then go back and do the 3rd tutorial that deals with assemblies.

Many people come to iLogic looking to add functionality that they can't get out of the standard Inventor tools, and then dive right in trying to find answers to those questions. But I think you'll find it easier to learn if you focus on getting ilogic to automate task that you can already do with the standard tools at first, and then eventually you'll become familiar enough with the iLogic interface and tools, so that taking those next steps to do more advanced stuff will come naturally.

Keep in mind that many of the iLogic examples you might find online include Inventor API (Application Programming Interface) code in VB form, or a mix of iLogic code and VB code. There are subtle differences, but for the most part they work the same.  Again staying focused on the basics of iLogic to begin with, will allow you to understand this difference more clearly once you get some experience with it.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report