Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get Inventor started - NOTHING HAPPENS

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
761 Views, 7 Replies

Trying to get Inventor started - NOTHING HAPPENS

I've downloaded Autodesk Inventor 2015, and the Installation worked fine. But I'm not able to get the programm started. When I click on the desktop icon, the windows loading symbol appears, after that nothing happens. I've tried to running the programm as admin, I've deinstalled the programm but nothing seems to work, neither 2014 nor 2015 Version. The other downloaded programms such as Design Review and TrueView all work fine.

Thanks for you answers

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

Does it show it running in the Task Manager?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

I've just checked. It does show it in the Task Manager for ~15 seconds (only in background processes). Then it disappears

Message 4 of 8
mcgyvr

And did you follow all the recommendations like 

turning off AV programs

Disabling UAC

Installing as an administrator

,etc...

What OS? 

Have you tried to reinstall? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Yes I've already tried to reinstall, unfortunately this lead to nothing. And I've got AV and UAC turned off.

Windows 8.1

Message 6 of 8
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

I've downloaded Autodesk Inventor 2015, and the Installation worked fine. But I'm not able to get the programm started. ....

I always laugh when I read something like this.  If it doesn't run, the installation didn't work "fine".

You will need to follow the Autodesk Clean Uninstall instructions now, before attempting a re-install and provide more information before trying again.

Extracted install file size?

Source of the download?

Do you have MS Excel on this machine?

Have you run it at least once?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Ok, I uninstalled everything again, reinstalled the 2014 version including Service pack 1 and suddenly it works. Seems to have been just an installation error. Just wondering why it happened twice. Thanks for replies guys 🙂

Message 8 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! I would like to know what Inventor.exe is doing while it appears hanging on start. Could you go to Microsoft site and download the following tool?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

After you download the tool, run it and set the View Filter to Inventor.exe. Then start up Inventor. You should see a running log of what Inventor is doing during the process. When it appears hanging, please take a snapshot of the Process Monitor window and send it to me (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report