Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get flat pattern for this part

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cdubinc13
260 Views, 2 Replies

Trying to get flat pattern for this part

Good Morning, 

I am trying to get a flat pattern for the attached part and can seem to get it to work.  I was unable to Loft in sheet metal between the two sketchs, so I lofted in standard parts, shelled, and converted to sheet metal.  I know this is a novice idea, but any help would be apprieciated very much.  Thanks 

Casey 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: cdubinc13

You will not be able to flatten that in Inventor.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/trying-to-get-flat-pattern-for-this-part/t...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
CCarreiras
in reply to: cdubinc13

Hi!

You found a nice process by yourself to achieve your part and it's almost correct. Good idea, but you must use different tools.
Avoid use lofts and sweeps, and never use shell to have the thickness (it does not guarantee the uniform thickness of the part), use instead surfaces and for sheet metal thickness, use "Thickness" tool.

Don't forget, to achieve the flat pattern, when you apply the "Thickness" the value must be equal at the Sheet metal rule.
Check the attached file.

Unfortunately, the idea was good, but it doesn't work with this geometry.
This is a plastic deformation, like stamping, inventor only process bends.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report