Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to create an "arch top" ukelele, help!?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
masilva
358 Views, 3 Replies

Trying to create an "arch top" ukelele, help!?

I'm currently a student that is interning as a Creative Designer. My current project is an Archtop Ukelele that is based off the Ohana CKP-70 Vita, but based like a violin at a 3/4" high arch. I've trashed all my designs, having troubles either lofting or shelling (at a 1/8") the body. So now I've come to the Autodesk forums asking, what are some good ways to create an arch top ukelele in Autodesk Inventor?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rdyson
in reply to: masilva

Definitely not a beginner project.

That said, I'd probably try surface / patch

PDSU 2016
Message 3 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: masilva

@masilva wrote:

I've trashed all my designs, having troubles ....

You should attach your attempts here so that others can see what you are able to complete and offer suggestions.
You might also look into Fusion 360 for this project (search Google).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 4
masilva
in reply to: JDMather

I actually gave up on trying to do my project on inventor and used Solidworks to create the Ukelele. My real problem on inventor seemed to be that I couldn't figure out how to create a completely smooth arched top to the Ukelele on inventor, but on Solidworks I can just use surface mapping. Thanks for the help regardless guys, and sorry if I wasted your time!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report