Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying Inventor via browser or other virtual?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
valbotany
263 Views, 3 Replies

Trying Inventor via browser or other virtual?

Could anyone tell me whether or not it is possible to do a trial of Inventor without installing it on your computer?

I am considering doing some work at a company that uses Inventor, and would like to do a trial of if ahead of time.  However, I am a Mac user at the moment, without a PC on which to install a traditional trial copy.

Is it possible to do a trial of Inventor using an online version that runs in a browser?  If this is difficult or not possible to do (as a trial), can anyone advise on success to be expected doing something like installing Inventor on an Amazon WorkSpace and running it from there?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: valbotany

You could try using VMWare image or Virtual PC to install Inventor trial version, but you do need to have the OS image to begin with.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
valbotany
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I am really hoping there is some other way to do it than that.

I really don't want to go to all the trouble of installing several applications and a new OS just to try one software.  There's also the matter of hard drive space, which I'm running low on as an SSD user.

I thought there was a web browser version of Inventor.  Is it not good and/or available to try as a trial?  Although I have seen several announcements of the product (like in the link above), I have not been able to find much current information on it.  Not even on Autodesk web site.

I could install Inventor on an Amazon Workgroup (virtual Windows machine), but I am suspicious that the 3D performance won't be adequate.  Would love to hear if anyone else has had experience with that though.

Message 4 of 4
blair
in reply to: valbotany

Try the cloud based Fusion 360: http://fusion360.autodesk.com/about

It's Inventor and not Inventor, it does have a small app that installs on your local machine.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report