Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try this See if it is a bug in imate index

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jletcher
169 Views, 1 Reply

Try this See if it is a bug in imate index

Ok I have a client I am doing an ilogic part for. I made the part put some ilogic in it and went to place the imates. Now there are 20 holes in the part I want an imate one the top of the hole and the bottom of the hole. Top imate called spacer bottoms call nut. Now I know imate insert does not work with the names (maybe this will get fixed someday) but the indexing  is the work around you can say (or I thought it would be)..

So I place all the top imates in so when I use the place with imates it will pick up the top imates 1st, Or at lest I thought. When testing I found it to jump from top to the bottom imates, not how I put them in so I went back and noticed the indexing was wrong. So I went and re-indexed them, went to test and does the same thing just different bottom hole. So I go and re-index thinking I did something wrong. Again went to test, same issue but again different bottom holes.

So I went back did the re-indexing again but as I did them I watched the index from the one before all going good I get to 10 and BOOM all screwed up..

For some odd reason Inventor does not know how to count when you get to place the 10th imate Inventor changes the 2nd imate to 10 and 10 becomes 9 insert another imate 11 that becomes 9 now and 10 becomes 8. and this is the index number not number in browser..

So in all hopes for a work around are now lost. Client not happy he has to chase imates..

Now I understand you all don't like my ranting but come on imates have been around long enough that this kind of BUG should never be. A bug like this should have been fixed with a patch or at least the next release. I have went as far back as 9 and this was an issue then. (tested today)

So I would like all to test to make sure it is not just my seat or me (even though I testes on others and older versions will test 2015 when I get back to office) and can be logged as a BUG.. And see if we can get this fixed with a hot fix or patch. I would like to see the fix go all the way back to Inventor 9 but that will not happen..

So please test away and let Autodesk know this needs to be addressed ASAP not the next release not 20 releases later but now....

Thanks..........

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jletcher
in reply to: jletcher

Oh you can also see it when you go to re-index the second imate change it back to 2 click ok go back to the properties and it will change back to 11 or what ever number you changed it from..

Thanks......

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report