Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Active Contributor
avaya2012
Message 11 of 14 (61 Views)

Re: Troubles Creating a New Family in Content Center

02-06-2013 10:24 AM in reply to: cwhetten

Thanks.  This looks like it may be my ticket.  I am going to work with this for a while and let you know it goes.  It may be a bit though.  I have 13 pipe sizes, around 20 lengths, and 3 different materials.  That was why I though content center editor would work easy.  I could set up one pipe size and just copy the rest and adjust everything as needed.

CWW

kcco

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 12 of 14 (54 Views)

02-06-2013 12:24 PM in reply to: avaya2012

This is what I generally do with geometrically similar parts.  I get one family built using i-parts (or whatever) and published.  Then I just copy that family to a new one and edit things like part numbers and material, descriptions etc.  Much faster if the dimensions stay the same.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cadtipstricks.wordpress.com//

Active Contributor
avaya2012
Message 13 of 14 (44 Views)

02-06-2013 02:28 PM in reply to: cwhetten

Since you helped me out earlier maybe you can help me again.  I have everything set up and looking good except I have a non-unique file name somewhere. 

Does anyone have a good way of finding it in a table with about 980 rows? 

*Expert Elite*
cwhetten
Message 14 of 14 (39 Views)

02-06-2013 03:18 PM in reply to: avaya2012

You could try editing the table in excel and using the search / find tools.  980 is a lot of rows.  Not unheard of, but still quite a lot. 

Would you mind posting your iPart so we can take a look at it?  Since it sounds like this is your first attempt at creating iParts, someone may be able to offer some tips or advice.

-cwhetten

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!