Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Active Contributor
avaya2012
Message 11 of 14 (60 Views)

Re: Troubles Creating a New Family in Content Center

02-06-2013 10:24 AM in reply to: cwhetten

Thanks.  This looks like it may be my ticket.  I am going to work with this for a while and let you know it goes.  It may be a bit though.  I have 13 pipe sizes, around 20 lengths, and 3 different materials.  That was why I though content center editor would work easy.  I could set up one pipe size and just copy the rest and adjust everything as needed.

CWW

kcco

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 12 of 14 (53 Views)

02-06-2013 12:24 PM in reply to: avaya2012

This is what I generally do with geometrically similar parts.  I get one family built using i-parts (or whatever) and published.  Then I just copy that family to a new one and edit things like part numbers and material, descriptions etc.  Much faster if the dimensions stay the same.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Active Contributor
avaya2012
Message 13 of 14 (43 Views)

02-06-2013 02:28 PM in reply to: cwhetten

Since you helped me out earlier maybe you can help me again.  I have everything set up and looking good except I have a non-unique file name somewhere. 

Does anyone have a good way of finding it in a table with about 980 rows? 

*Expert Elite*
cwhetten
Message 14 of 14 (38 Views)

02-06-2013 03:18 PM in reply to: avaya2012

You could try editing the table in excel and using the search / find tools.  980 is a lot of rows.  Not unheard of, but still quite a lot. 

Would you mind posting your iPart so we can take a look at it?  Since it sounds like this is your first attempt at creating iParts, someone may be able to offer some tips or advice.

-cwhetten

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.