Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble installing Inventor

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
JorisVwz
335 Views, 6 Replies

Trouble installing Inventor

Hello, My and my project partner are required to use Inventor for our master's thesis. We, however, have some trouble installing the educational version of Inventor Professional 2014. When we press the "install now"-button, at first it appears to work fine, but after a few seconds on the installer screen we both get the same eror. A small error screen pops up saying "install error: network failure". Now, at this point in time, we are both on the same network, but I have tried to install it when connected to another network aswell, and this yielded the same error. Is there any way we can fix this? Having access to this program would help us out tremendously, and since our deadlines are creeping ever closer, time is running short. Note: We both have inventor Viewer installed. Could this relate to the issue we are having at the moment? Kind regards, Joris
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
camilo.lemos
in reply to: JorisVwz

Hi @JorisVwz and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Hi and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please, disable your firewall and anti-virus programs and download the software from our Virtual Agent linked here (click on Download Links, choose product and version).

Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 7
JorisVwz
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hello,

Thank you for the swift response, the files are downloading right now. What do I need to do once the download is complete?

Kind regards,

Joris

Message 4 of 7
camilo.lemos

You're welcome!

Once the download is finished, all you have to do is double-click the downloaded file to begin the installation and then use the serial number you were provided with by the Education Community to activate the product.

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 7
JorisVwz
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Right, I got it installed now, but when trying to run Inventor, I get another error:

Inventor.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.

Edit: I also got another error at some point, I'm not sure how to reproduce it, but it said something about reregistering

Message 6 of 7
DannyHubbard

Message 7 of 7
JorisVwz
in reply to: DannyHubbard

That solved it, I can work with Inventor now, thanks alot!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report